Happy new year! My resolution this year is to slow down and practice mindful eating. I have been trying to eat healthy for the most part but I think being mindful will help me get to the next goal of eating with intention and attention. When I think of healthy foods, from heart health to brain health salmon is always on the top of my list. Pan roasted, crisp and super flavorful methi garlic salmon is one of my favorite recipes in addition to the tandoori salmon and salmon tikka masala on skewers. These are on our repeat list to get all the benefits of eating fatty fish like Salmon once a week.
The best part of all these recipes is that they need few ingredients which helps bring out the best flavors and texture of salmon. Wild salmon is loaded with protein, omega-3’s and is an excellent source of vitamin D. A fillet of salmon cooked to perfection with a side salad or greens makes a hearty and quick dinner for busy lifestyle.
Methi or fenugreek leaves used in this recipe contains a wide variety of beneficial nutrients, including iron, magnesium, manganese copper as well as vitamin B6 and dietary fiber. These leaves are readily available in Indian grocery stores. I usually will buy 5-6 bunches at a time, clean and freeze them for future use. They add an amazing aroma and taste to fish, chicken, lentils and curries. This recipe also uses fresh garlic that is packed with nutrients like manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin and contains powerful antioxidants.
Here is the super easy and quick recipe for METHI garlic salmon. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and coat the salmon well in it. Pan roast with a little cooking oil on medium heat for flaky, moist and perfectly done salmon.
This crisp methi garlic salmon goes well with the Kale salad with almonds or sautéed greens like spinach, bok choy, etc.
Recipe originally posted in Oct 2015 and has been updated.
- 1 lb Wild caught salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh fenugreek/methi leaves
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp oil (I use avocado oil)
- salt to taste
- Cut salmon into smaller pieces. Wash and dry it with paper towel.
- Apply crushed garlic, lemon juice, methi, olive oil, salt and crushed red pepper to salmon pieces.
- Add olive oil to a pan on medium heat and arrange salmon pieces on the pan.
- Cook uncovered for 6-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon turning once or twice.
- Note: The skin will start to coming off during the cooking process and can be removed before serving.