Pumpkin Bread Pudding – A relaxed weekend brunch or a laid-back cool autumn evening calls for a smooth and creamy bread pudding made with rich pumpkin custard and warm spices!
In the midst of this gorgeous fall weather, with pumpkins and apples everywhere, we can’t help but enjoy the nature’s bounty. Making cakes, parathas, pancakes and bread puddings with the homemade pumpkin puree!
This Pumpkin bread pudding recipe is similar to my Instant Pot French Toast recipe, except that I make extra custard to pour over the bread to make this a more smoother pudding!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, canned or homemade.
- ½ cup low fat milk
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup pecans/raisins (optional)
- 7-8 slices of french brioche (love trader joe's)
- maple syrup
- Grease a 7" push pan with some oil and keep aside.
- Whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, milk, condensed milk, cinnamon, salt, all spice, vanilla and brown sugar in a large bowl to make the custard.
- Cut up the bread in bite sized pieces and toss them in the pumpkin custard.
- Arrange the bread pieces in the greased pan with a spoon. Drizzle the remaining custard over. Drizzle some melted butter on top.
- Cover the pan with paper towel and then put aluminum foil on top of it. If you do not like aluminum foil, you can secure the paper towel with a rubber band.
- Put the pan on the trivet. Add 1 cup water to the main Instant Pot. Place the trivet with the cake pan in the insert.
- Close the lid with pressure valve to sealing. Cook On Manual(Hi) for 22 minutes. Open after 10 minute NPR.
- Add pecans/raisins. Enjoy warm with maple syrup or with some ice cream!
- Raisins can also be added with the custard.
You can also cook a small pie pumpkin in the instant pot with skin, on the trivet for about 12-15 mins to make the puree.