Roasted beets with cashew garlic sauce – A healthy appetizer inspired by Oceanos, a Mediterranean restaurant in NJ. We visited Oceanos this past December to celebrate a special birthday, the food was delicious and the ambience delightful!
One of my favorite dishes was the roasted beets served with a smooth, velvety and delectable cashew garlic sauce. It took me few months to replicate this recipe but the one I have now is a sure keeper. The recipe is adapted from pinch of yum, one of my absolute favorite blogs. I’m a huge fan of Lindsey’s recipes!
This simple recipe is comprised of roasted beets cut into wedges, a 5-minute cashew garlic sauce, and “vegetable confetti” – tiny micro greens packed with nutrients. I think after the, beet salad celebration recipe, beetroot raita, tomato beetroot soup, this salad is my next favorite beet recipe.
I follow Pinch of Yum’s recipe but I double the garlic and add a piece or two of roasted beet to the food processor to make a pretty pink sauce!
One you have the sauce ready assemble the beet wedges over rinsed and drained micro greens and add a big dollop of cashew garlic sauce. Drizzle some EVOO, salt and pepper. A super healthy and detoxifying salad for lunch or dinner! The beetroots can be roasted ahead of time and the cashew sauce can be refrigerated for 3-4 days.
- 3 medium Roasted beets
- 2 cups cashews
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 8 oz micro greens
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- salt and pepper
- Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water and soak for about 2 hours. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Place soaked cashews in the bowl of a food processor or blender with the water, garlic, few small pieces of roasted garlic and salt. Puree until very, very smooth. Thin out with more water to desired consistency. Store in fridge for 3-4 days.
- Divide micro greens into serving bowls.
- Cut roasted beets into wedges. Arrange the beet wedges over micro greens
- Add a big dollop or two of the cashew garlic sauce in the middle. Drizzle with EVOO, salt and pepper.