Quick and EASY 30-minute beet risotto cooked in the Instant Pot! The creamy plump arborio rice is cooked with fresh beets and red wine in garlic-infused oil. Garnished with Parmigiano-Reggiano, golden fried garlic chips, and scallions, this delicious risotto is packed with the distinct flavors of fresh ingredients.
Red Wine & Beetroot Risotto - I first tasted this heavenly risotto a few weeks back at the Saltyard restaurant in Atlanta! Anything with the words beetroot and risotto is something I would want to try and I was pretty surprised with the delicate and distinctive flavors of this gorgeous dish.
My son and I were visiting Atlanta for academic competitions with some friends. We all had a great time watching the competitions and were proud to come home with a few medals. While in Atlanta, we got to spend few evenings dining out as we explored the beautiful city.
One evening we dined at the Saltyard restaurant that had a very engaging atmosphere. They offered a wide selection of diverse cuisine cooked from locally sourced ingredients. As we sat down in the relaxed and vibrant dining room, we were impressed by all the seasonal dishes on their tapas menu. Butterbean guacamole bruschetta, street-cart-style corn, flash-fried Brussels (drooling), we savored every dish as it arrived. The presentation, the ingredients, and the taste were all on the mark.
My favorite was the red wine and beetroot risotto, cooked with seasonal tender spring peas, beetroot, lemon, garlic-infused oil, and garnished with Parmigiano-Reggiano, golden fried garlic chips, and fresh dill. Every bite of that creamy risotto was packed with the distinct flavor of the fresh ingredients, and with a beautiful creamy texture of arborio rice cooked to perfection with red wine.
The creamy, flavorful, and stunning beetroot risotto with a hint of red wine can be enjoyed with some freshly grated parmesan, scallions or parsley, fried garlic, and freshly ground pepper.
When I came home, trying out the beetroot risotto in my instant pot was on my to-do list. I usually buy beetroots with leaves, that I saute with some Indian spices for a healthy side dish or stir-fry with lentils.
Step by step recipe
- Peel and slice each beetroot into 3-4 slices. These sliced cook tender in the instant pot in about 7 minutes of high-pressure cooking time.
- Turn the Instant Pot on Saute(More) mode and once the hot sign displays, cook garlic slices in olive oil for 4-5 mins stirring frequently until they turn crisp and golden. Take the garlic slices out and keep them aside for garnishing.
- Add onions and cook for 1-2 mins until translucent and soft. Add rice and lightly toast for a minute stirring often. Add red wine and mix well, cooking for a minute as the wine reduces. Add broth, sliced beets, and salt.
- Close the Instant Pot with the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook(Hi) for 7 minutes followed by Natural Pressure Release. Open the Instant Pot and take out the beets in a small blender. Blend to a smooth puree and put the puree back in the Instant Pot. Mix well. Add fresh ground pepper. Garnish with Parmigiano Reggiano, scallions and garlic slices. Enjoy hot!
Here is my version of the Red Wine and Beet Root Risotto in Instant Pot, inspired from the Saltyard restaurant:
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
Red Wine & Beetroot Risotto - Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 medium beetroots peeled and sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- 2 tablespoon scallions thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn ground
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute(more) mode.Heat oil and add garlic. Cook garlic, until they turn golden and crispy stirring frequently. Take the garlic out and keep aside, leaving the extra oil in the pot.
- Add onions and cook for 1-2 mins until translucent and soft. Add rice and lightly toast for a minute stirring often. Add red wine and mix well, cooking for a minute as the wine reduces.
- Add broth, sliced beets, and salt.
- Close the Instant Pot with the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook(Hi) for 7 minutes followed by NPR.
- Open the Instant Pot and take out the beets in a small blender. Blend to a smooth puree and put the puree back in the Instant Pot. Mix well. Add fresh ground pepper.
- Garnish with Parmigiano Reggiano, scallions and garlic slices. Enjoy hot!
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥