Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Lasagna Soup - Instant Pot
All the delicious flavors from the classic lasagna in this easy one-pot recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper more for spicier soup
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles about 10 noodles, broken into pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach or 12 oz fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated, for topping
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded, for topping
- handful fresh basil chopped
Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode and add oil, garlic, onions and crushed pepper flakes. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add ground chicken and mix well breaking the chicken in the pot. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, parsley, oregano and bay leaf. Add lasagna pieces and salt. Stir everything well.
Close the Instant Pot with Pressure Valve to sealing. Select Manual/Pressure Cook(Hi) and adjust the time to 4 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
Open the Instant Pot and stir in spinach and ricotta cheese. Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode and cook for another 2-3 mins. Serve hot with grated mozzarella, parmesan and basil leaves.
I have used Barilla Lasagne noodles in this recipe which has a stove top cook time of 8 minutes. To pressure cook the noodles aldente, I reduce the stove cook time into half. Hence the pressure cook time used in this recipe is 4 minutes.
Calories: 560kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 2172mg | Potassium: 1224mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 9035IU | Vitamin C: 23.9mg | Calcium: 372mg | Iron: 4.2mg