Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Creamy Tomato Bisque
A cozy and comforting soup made with fresh tomatoes, herbs and cream served with crunchy croutons for a perfect lunch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup celery sliced
- 1 cup carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 6 tomatoes 2 pounds , quartered or 1 28 oz can of peeled tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cup reduced-sodium broth Note: I use the Better Than Bouillon Organic Vegetable Base
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Set the Instant Pot to saute mode and heat oil. Add onion, celery, garlic, carrots, tomatoes, oregano, basil and parsley cook for a minute until fragrant.
Add broth and salt. Mix well. Close the Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing.
Set the Instant Pot to Manual/Pressure Cook for 8 minutes. Followed by quick release or NPR.
Open the Instant Pot, and carefully puree the soup using an immersion blender.
Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode. Stir in honey, cream and pepper. Laddle into bowls, sprinkle some cayenne pepper for an extra kick. Enjoy hot with crunchy croutons.
- Vegan variation : Substitute heavy cream with coconut cream, cashew cream or corn slurry (2 tablespoons corn starch mixed in 1/4 cup of water
- You can use dried herbs instead of fresh in this recipe. Just reduce the quantity of herbs in half.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 981mg | Potassium: 703mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 7570IU | Vitamin C: 33.9mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg