Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Thai Red Curry Chicken - Instant Pot
Thai red curry chicken - A quick and delicious Thai red curry soup with chicken, onions, peppers and fresh Thai basil leaves, cooked in creamy coconut milk.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2-4 tablespoon red curry paste Love Maesri brand
- 1.5 pound thin chicken breasts cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 can low-fat coconut milk unsweetened (Love Trader Joe’s)
- 1-2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno or Thai chili sliced (optional for spicy curry)
- 1 cup yellow onion sliced
- 1 cup red peppers sliced
- 1 cup yellow peppers sliced
- 1 cup orange peppers sliced
- Handful Thai basil leaves
Set the Instant Pot to Saute(more) mode and heat oil. Add 2 tablespoons of red curry paste. Saute for 30 seconds.
Add Chicken and mix it well with the red curry paste.
Add coconut milk (Note for a less soupy curry, add only half the can).
Close Instant Pot with the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook (Hi) for 2 minutes followed by 10 minute Natural Pressure Release. (Increase cook time for thicker chicken breasts to 4 mins)
Open the Instant Pot, stir in fish sauce and brown sugar. For spicier curry add remaining red curry paste and hot peppers.
Add onions, red, yellow and orange the peppers. Stir in well. Set Instant Pot to Saute mode and bring the curry to a gentle boil (about 2-3 minutes). This will allow the veggies to stay crunchy. Garnish with the Thai basil leaves.
Enjoy hot with Jasmine rice.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 445mg | Potassium: 749mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2940IU | Vitamin C: 138.6mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.1mg