Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Tandoori chicken wings
Spicy tandoori chicken wings that are grilled to perfection with yogurt, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, garam masala, red chili powder and turmeric!
Trim as much skin off of the wings as possible. I use kitchen sheers for this. Make fine paste on ginger and garlic using a tablespoon of of water.
Combine all ingredients (except cilantro) in a bowl and marinate wings for at least 1 hour or longer.
Preheat oven to 400 degree. Line up wings on a greased grilling rack. Place the rack on top of the baking tray to catch all teh drippings.
Bake the wings for about 20-25 mins (in a convection oven) or up to 40 mins otherwise. Wings can also be cooked on a preheated outdoor grill.
Serve hot with garnish of chopped cilantro.
** Add more or less garam masala and red chili powder depending on how spicy you like them.
Tips for making best Tandoori Chicken Wings:
- Use plain full-fat yogurt for the marinade
- Pat dry the chicken wings to avoid extra liquids in the marinade
- Marinate chicken for atleast 1 hour or upto 24 hours
- Discard any leftover marinade or brush on the chicken before cooking
- Homemade garam masala brings out the authentic flavors
- Any mild red chili powder can be substituted for Kashmiri red chili powder
- Fenugreek leaves are optional but adds wonderful flavor and aroma
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 505mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 940IU | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.4mg