Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Spicy, flavorful and steaming tandoori salmon served over bed of thinly sliced cabbage, green peppers and red onions
Wash and pat dry salmon with paper towel and cut into 3 or 6 pieces.
In a medium bowl mix ginger, garlic, garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric, lemon juice, oil and salt. Add salmon and coat with spice paste evenly on both sides using a small silicone spatula. You can allow this to marinate for 20 mins or cook right away.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange salmon on the tray.
Broil on high setting for 8 to 10 minuets or until salmon starts to brown on the top and flakes easily with a fork. Depending on the thickness of the salmon steak you may need adjust the cook time to me more or less.
Serve with cumin rice and a side of spicy cabbage salad. For a low carb meal, serve it with caulilfower rice.
- The best salmon to use is wild Pacific salmon if you can find it. Farmed salmon still has lots of Omega 3’s but it also has more unhealthy saturated fats too.
- The best place to buy salmon is at a fish market. I also like the wild salmon fillet from Costco. You can also buy frozen salmon, but try to buy wild-caught. If using frozen salmon, make sure to defrost it overnight in the refrigerator before marinating.
- Pat dry the salmon before marinating to avoid extra liquids.
- Marinate the salmon for at least 20 minutes.
- You can use salmon skinless or with skin on.
- Use fresh garam masala. Homemade garam masala works the best.
- Kashmiri red chili powder is a mild chili powder. If using spicier red chili powder, reduce the quantity to 1/2 or 1 teaspoon.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 823mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 850IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2.2mg