Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Pin Recipe Save
Rava Cococnut Ladoo
Soft melt in the mouth ladoo made with freshly grated coconut, roasted semolina with the heavenly essense of cardamom and saffron.
Roast the rava and besan with ghee for 10 minutes, stirring constantly on medium heat.
Add the grated coconut and roast for another 2 minutes. Turn the heat off.
Make the sugar syrup by boiling water with sugar for 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
Add the sugar syrup to the roasted ingredients. Add saffron, cardamom powder, nuts, raisins and mix well.
Allow the mixture to completely cool down. Make round balls using about 3 to 4 tablespoons of the mixture. Press them in the plam ofyour hands and then roll them into round balls.
No fail tips for perfect sugar syrup:
- Use fine rava and roast to light golden brown color
- Use homemade ghee if possible
- If using frozen coconut, make sure to thaw it in the microwave
- Allow the mixture to fully cool down before trying to make ladoos. At first, the ladoo may seem a bit too soft but they dry up eventually
- Does your mixture look too dry even before you trying to roll them? This only means that the syrup was overcooked. To fix, simply sprinkle some warm ghee and warm water and roll into round balls
Instant Pot Sugar Syrup:
- Use an external timer to time the syrup cook time. It takes me 5 minutes to make syrup with ¾ cup of water and 1.5 cups of sugar in a 2-quart saucepan
- If you double the recipe, it will take about 8 minutes for the syrup to be ready
- To check if the syrup is cooked properly, simply lift the spoon up and watch the last few drops of syrup dripping from the spoon. The last drops should form a one-line string
- Add sugar and water to the Instant Pot and mix well, dissolving most of the sugar in the water
- Pressure cook on Hi for 4 minutes followed by quick release
- When opening be careful to not drop the steam water from the lid in the syrup. That's all! You have the perfect sugar syrup for this ladoo
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 65mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.8mg