Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Instant Pot Tandoori Salmon
Tender, flaky salmon coated in warm tandoori spice is our go to recipe on a busy weeknight as well as for weekend gatherings with friends and family.
- 1.5 pounds salmon boneless fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon red chili powder Kashmiri or any mild variety
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Wash and pat dry salmon with paper towel and cut into 5 to 6 pieces.
In a medium bowl mix ginger, garlic, garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric, lemon juice, oil and salt. Spread the marinade evenly on the salmon. Arrange the salmon pieces on the steamer basket with skin side down.
Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot insert. Place the steamer basket inside the Instant Pot.
Close the Instant Pot lid with pressure release to sealing. Select the Pressure Cook/Manual Setting and adjust the cooking time to 3 mins high pressure. Quick release and open the Instant Pot. Enjoy hot with a squeeze of fresh lemon and thinly sliced red onions.
- Aways quick release when cooking fish in the Instant Pot to avoid overcooking.
- This recipe makes well done salmon, if you like it medium rare or medium, pressure cook it for just 1 to 2 minutes.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 656mg | Potassium: 833mg | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1.5mg