Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Cranberry Sauce with orange juice
Hands-free 15-minute cranberry sauce recipe using only 4-ingredients is a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving feast
- 1 12 oz cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1 apple peeled and diced (I like honey crisp or granny smith variety)
- ½ cup orange juice preferably fresh
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 twigs rosemary
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
Add cranberries, apple and orange juice to the Instant Pot. Layer with sugar, do not mix.
Pressure cook for 2 mins. Allow 5 to 10 mins natural pressure release. Open the Instant Pot. Mix well and allow to cool before serving.
Stove Top Recipe:
Add cranberries, apple, sugar, orange juice and 1/2 cup of water to a medium sauce pan. Cook on medium heat until it starts to boil and the cranberries start to pop, stirring frequently.
Mash it with a potato masher or back of the spoon to get to the texture you like. Then allow to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
Taste the sauce and stir in more sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time to bring the sauce it to your desired sweetness.
- Substitute white sugar with maple syrup or brown sugar
- Add a cinnamon stick, 4 cloves or 5 to 6 whole green cardamom pods, remember to pick them out before serving
- Add a tablespoon of freshly grated ginger for zesty flavor
- Add 2 rosemary sprigs for a light herbal flavor, remove them before serving
- Add l teaspoon of lemon or orange zest to brighten up the flavors, this works great if you are cooking with water instead of orange juice
- Stir in finely chopped jalapeño in the cooked sauce for a spicy kick
Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 67IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg