Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Pin Recipe Save
Homemade Enchilada Sauce
EASY fresh homemade enchilada sauce using blender (also included stovetop instructions)
Add all the ingredients to the jar
Select the SAUCE option. This option takes 10 minutes of preheating followed by a 25 minutes of cook cycle during which the sauce gets cooked as well as blended
Allow to cool and then store in glass jar(s). Makes 20 ounces (2.5 cups) of sauce
Stove Top Recipe
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Add cumin seeds and toast them for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and garlic and sauce for a minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on low-medium heat for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Allow the sauce to cool for 5 minutes before blending it using an immersion blender or a regular blender.
Calories: 38kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 565mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 386IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg