Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Sweet Potato Halwa- Instant Pot
Sweet Potato Halwa - A delicately flavored, lightly sweetened dish with melt-in-mouth textures and aromatics from cardamom and saffron.
- 1-2 tbsp ghee Oil for Vegan option
- 3 medium sweet potatoes washed, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar more or less
- ¼ cup grated unsweetened coconut
- ½ tsp salt
- 6-8 cardamom pods
- 1 generous pinch of saffron
- Optional Garnish
- 1 tablespoon almonds and pistachio slices
Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add ghee, sliced sweet potatoes. Add almond milk, brown sugar, coconut, salt, cardamom, and saffron.
Close the Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing. Press Cancel and select Manual/Pressure cook(Hi) and adjust the time to 3 minutes. Allow Natural Pressure Release. Garnish with nuts and enjoy!
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 371mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 13830IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1.4mg