Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Instant Pot Spicy Taco Pasta
Easy one pot spicy taco pasta with ground chicken, onions, jalapeños, cilantro and cheese.
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 to 2 jalapeños diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 pound pasta we used pasta shells
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning mix love trader joe's
- 2.5 cup salsa
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese grated
Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode and heat oil. Add onions and jalapeños. Sauté for 2-3 mins.
Add ground chicken. Break chicken with the spatula. Add taco seasoning and mix everything together.
Add salsa, chicken broth and pasta. Mix well and with the spatula push the pasta under the liquids. Make sure most of the pasta is under liquids for the pasta to cook well.
Close Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing. Pressure cook for 3 mins. Note: Cook time for the pasta shells we used was 7 minutes.
Quick release and open Instant Pot. Stir in the cheeses and garnish with cilantro.
Here are my tips for a perfectly cooked Instant Pot Spicy Taco Pasta:
- Add enough water/broth/sauce so that most of the pasta is under the liquids
- For well-cooked pasta, pressure cook pasta for half the time on the pasta box
- For Al dente pasta, pressure cook for half the time on the pasta box minus 1 minute
- Always add the cheese after the pasta is done pressure cooking
- Quick releasing after pressure cooking will avoid overcooking the pasta
This versatile recipe is easy to make vegetarian:
- Substitute ground chicken with a can of rinsed and drained black beans and a cup of frozen corn or diced mushrooms or zucchini. I also like to add a cup of diced peppers for a pop of color.
Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 497mg | Potassium: 747mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 4.9mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 2mg