Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Mixed Vegetable Curry with Sesame Sauce - Instant Pot
Knows as Bhogichi Bhaji in Maharashtra this curry is made to celebrate the seasonal bounty of winter vegetables.
Part 1 Spice Paste:
- 1 tablespoon roasted dry coconut
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin and coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1/2 cup fresh green chickpeas removed from the pods
- 1 cup flat green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 baby eggplant cut into quarters
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1.5 teaspoon teaspoon salt to taste
- cilantro for garnish
Make a fine paste of all the ingredients from Part 1 with 1/4 cup of water.
Set Instant Pot to sauté mode and heat oil. Add the spice paste and cook for a minute stirring frequently. Add 1/4 cup of water and mix well.
Add turmeric, red chili powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, tomatoes and sauté.
Add remaining vegetables and salt. Add 1 cup water and mix well deglazing the pot making sure the curry paste is not stuck to the bottom of the pot.
Close Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing. Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook(Low) for 2 minutes followed by Quick release.
Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy with warm Roti topped with sesame seeds.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 746mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4165IU | Vitamin C: 17.3mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1.7mg