Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Pasta e Fagioli
Italian pasta and bean soup loaded with garlic, carrots, and creamy potato and perfectly cooked pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 celery sticks thinly sliced
- 10 garlic cloves minced
- 1 big russet potato peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup tomato sauce marinara sauce
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 4 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 2 cups baby spinach or baby kale rough chopped (optional)
Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode and heat olive oil. Add carrots, celery, and garlic. Saute for a minute.
Add potatoes, tomato sauce, cannellini beans, pasta, parsley, crushed red pepper, and vegetable broth. Mix well.
Close Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing. Cook on Pressure Cook/Manual(Hi) for 4 mins followed by Quick Release. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in baby spinach and enjoy hot!
The pressure cook time should be half the cook time suggested on the pasta box.
The soup may look watery when you open the pot, give a quick stir and the soup will thicken up as it cools down.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 451mg | Potassium: 978mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6930IU | Vitamin C: 15.8mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2.7mg