Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Pin Recipe Save
Instant Pot Pasta Caprese
Easy one-pot pasta Caprese with tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar prepared in Instant Pot.
Set the Instant Pot to Sauté mode and heat oil. Add onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Sauté for a minute.
Add tomatoes, pasta, half of the basil leaves, salt, and water. Gently push all the pasta under liquids. Layer tomato sauce on top. Do not mix.
Close the Instant Pot and turn the steam release handle to sealing. Pressure Cook for 4 minutes.
Quick Release. Add fresh mozzarella cheese and balsamic vinegar. Give a quick stir.
Serve hot garnished with remaining chopped basil and shredded parmesan.
- Add enough water so that most of the pasta is submerged
- Layer tomato sauce on top and do not mix it in to prevent BURN error
- For well-cooked pasta, pressure cook pasta for half the time on the pasta box
- For Al dente pasta or gluten-free pasta, pressure cook for half the time on the pasta box minus 1 minute
- Always add cheese and balsamic vinegar after the pasta is done pressure cooking
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 1828mg | Potassium: 844mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1545IU | Vitamin C: 21.9mg | Calcium: 246mg | Iron: 2.8mg