Please click on the stars in the recipe card below
Pin Recipe Save
Aloo Gobhi - Instant Pot
Aloo Gobhi - A healthy, delicious potato and cauliflower curry made with aromatic spices in under 10 mins in an Instant Pot!
Turn the Instant Pot to Sauté mode and heat oil. Add cumin seeds. Sauté for 30 seconds.
Add onions and mix well. Cook covered with a glass lid on for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, mix and cook covered for another minute.
Add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt. Add potatoes and cauliflower florets. Add 1 tablespoon of water. Mix well.
Put the Instant Pot lid on with pressure valve to sealing. Select Pressure Cook / Manual (Hi) for 3 minutes. Note: Cook for only 2 mins if you like cauliflower to be more firm.
Press Cancel to turn the Instant Pot off. Quick Release and stir gently. Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with naan, paratha or toasted pita bread.
Tips for making Aloo Gobhi in Instant Pot:
- Cut cauliflower into big 2 to 3-inch florets along with the stems.
- Cut potatoes into thin wedges so they cook well along with the cauliflower.
- Reduce the cooking time to 1 or 2 minutes if you like a bite to the cauliflower OR cook on low-pressure mode.
- Press Cancel after the pressure cooking cycle is completed and immediately Quick Release the pressure to stop further cooking.
- Open the lid and take out the inner insert and put it on a trivet to stop further cooking.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 1307mg | Potassium: 1383mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1755IU | Vitamin C: 126.2mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 6.2mg