“Where can I find good quality Kashmiri red chili powder”, “Is dried Fenugreek powder same as fenugreek leaves” are some of the most frequently asked questions I get.
Although, my usual answer would be to buy it from local Indian grocery store, I realize that it may not be an option for many of my readers. I wish I could point them to one reliable online source that I knew carries quality Indian spices that I am used to.
This is when Global Belly came in with their brilliant idea of delivering pantry kits with shelf stable, preportioned ingredients and spices.
Who is Global Belly
- A women-owned business with a goal to help you cook and explore the cuisines of the world.
- They aim to make hard-to-find ingredients and recipes accessible to everyone.
- Deliver pantry kits with pre-portioned ingredients, easy to follow recipe cards, to make cooking international cuisines easy and fun.
- They believe that if we can learn about another culture through their food we can also bring the world a little closer.
Why I decided to partner with Global Belly to create custom pantry kits
From the time I first got on call with Madhuri Sharma, the COO and co-founder at Global Belly, I realized that we have the same goal. We both want more people to cook at home and cook from scratch. We both want to eliminate fear and intimidation from the process of cooking international cuisines at home and we both want to make as many bellies happy as possible.
This is when we started working togther towards creating custom kits with precise measurement of spices, grains, lentils and other hard-to-find ingredients for my Instant Pot recipes so that my readers can truly cook with authentic ingredients. Together we selected the recipes, began testing, and developed two custom kits that deliver true value for the home cook.
Global Belly is committed to delivering their promise. From honoring my request of adding my favorite Kashmiri chiili powder to packaging ingredients like tamarind powder, vinegar and even including brown sugar; Global Belly made sure that the home cooks have everything they need to make the most delicious Chicken Vindaloo and Daal Makhani. The beautiful recipe card involved a lot of thoughful insights and iterations for recipe adaptations and fail-proof final dishes. Recipes were tested over and over again by both of us until we perfected every single aspect of it.
Each kit features 10 -15 different must-have ingredients that are portioned out precisely with a detailed recipe card to guide through the cooking process.
Why I love Global Belly’s Pantry Kits
- The box is compact, light and can be stored in your pantry or cabinets.
- The kits include only shelf stable products that can be stored for up to 6 months so there is no pressure of having to use them right away.
- Since you add your own fresh protein or vegetables to the kits they are completely customizable based on palate, diet, or inspiration, welcoming to gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian diets.
- They even include crushed tomatoes, oh yay, one less thing to chop!
- Each kit comes with a beautiful recipe card, with my recipe that as usual is detailed, well-tested, easy and authentic.
- Global Belly has thought through these pantry kits so well that they even include ingredients like tamarind powder, brown sugar and vinegar in the Vindaloo Curry pantry kit. So you can enjoy authentic, homemade Vindaloo Curry on demand!
- Last but not least, both the owners at Global Belly have been supportive, thoughtful and a pleasure to work with. #womensupportingwomen
What is on the recipe Card
- Precise cook time
- Pro Tips
- Photo of the final dish and a brief history of the dish. Who doesn’t like some fun facts?
- Checklist of what comes in the box
- Checklist of what you need, so there are no surprises
- Detailed step by step instructions and photos that you can follow along
MOC x Global Belly Pantry kit FAQ’s
- Are the recipes spicy? – Recipes were tested with medium spice level in mind, just like most of Ministry of Curry’s recipes.
- Can I adjust the spice level? – Yes! Each kit comes with multiple spice packets to adjust the spice level to your taste.
- Do I need a lot of other ingredients? – Not really, ingredients like ginger and garlic are optional. Trust me, you will not notice any difference in the taste.
- How long do these kits stay good? – Up to 6 months!
- Why so much plastic? – We are working on a better option, know that the small plastic bags are recyclable.
- Do you ship internationally? – Not at this time but we are working on making these products available internationally.
- How much is the Shipping? – Shipping is free for all orders over $35. Otherwise it’s a flat-rate of $7.99.
- Can I make the recipes Vegan? – Yes, recipe card includes the options.
- Are the recipes gluten free? – Yes, 100%
- Where can I buy these awesome Indian pantry kits? – Order HERE
We had so much fun creating these pantry kits for you that I am so sure you will find them easy-to-use with authentic taste. Check out these vidoes to see how easy it is to cook Indian food at home with the pantry kits!
Chicken Vindaloo Curry using Ministry of Curry’s pantry kits
Daal Makhani using Ministry of Curry’s pantry kits
Love Instant Pot recipes? Check out all my recipes here.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you enjoy this post? Have you made any of these recipes? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking