Super healthy and incredibly tasty, fresh homemade pomeganate juice.
Pomegranates are the jewel of autumn season. We are in peak autumn and the plump pomegranates are in season! They are in every grocery store and so are many videos on how to seed a pomegranate.
We love pomegranates for their taste, nutrition and of course the gorgeous red color. They make beautiful garnish on pretty much any dish, but my favorite way to enjoy them is by making fresh pomegranate juice!
Benefits of Pomegranates
- reduces inflamation – high level of antioxodants
- Immunue building – high in vitamin C, E and potassium
- great source of fiber
- low in calories
My father owns a farm in India and grows pomegranates in abundance. I have so many memories of acres and acres of stunning pomegranate trees blooming with this gorgeous fruit. It would be our favorite time of the year to go to the farm and help harvest a few crates of pomegranates.
My dad would bring home dozens of pomegranates, he would then carefully peel and deseed them for the family to enjoy. My mom makes this amazing juice from the pomegranate seeds that is refreshing and unique. Every time we visit India, she makes it for our morning breakfast and it is the best way to start the day.
Did you know?
- Pomegranate juice is high in three different types of polyphenols, a potent form of antioxidants.
- The three types – tannins, anthocyanins, and ellagic acid – are present in many fruits, but fresh pomegranate juice contains particularly high amounts of all three.
Check out my mom’s simple recipe of adding a pinch of salt and diluting it with water. It is also very refreshing with some sparkling water. Fresh Pomegranate juice also makes a delicious and healthy holiday drink.
- Do no pulse the pomegranate arils for too long in the blender. Just pulse until the juce starts to seperate. The inside seeds should not be crushed.
- Best place to buy pomegranates is a wholesale store like costco
- Best time to buy them is from October through January in the U.S.
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
Homemade fresh pomegranate juice.
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup still water/seltzer water
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar optional
- Add 2 cups of pomegranate seeds to the blender. Pulse for 5-10 seconds. Do NOT pulse for too long as the seeds may start to breakdown. Pulse until the Juice starts separating from the seed.
- Using a cheesecloth or sieve, filter the juice from seeds. Using back of a spoon gently press the seeds down so all the juice is separated from the seeds.
Add 1 cup of water for still juice or 1 cup of seltzer water for a sparking juice. Add a pinch of sea salt and sugar. Mix well. Serve chilled.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.