Air Fryer Green Beans are a lightning-quick side dish with awesome flavor and texture. In just 8 minutes you’ll have savory, garlicky green beans that are nicely crisp on the outside and tender inside. No sad, mushy, overcooked green beans over here!
This easy green bean recipe has all of the flavor and texture of roasting, but in just a handful of minutes and with a fraction of the oil. No need to turn on the oven, especially when it’s warm outside.
Air Fryer Vegetables have totally become my go-to for side dishes. Air frying concentrates the flavors, keeping the juices inside the veggies. As the green beans cook, the garlic gets toasty creating a super delicious combination. Most stores carry fresh green beans that have been pre-washed and trimmed. And if you have been using my garlic prep method, this recipe takes no time at all!!
- Use 1 teaspoon garlic powder instead of fresh garlic
- Don’t have an air fryer? You can also cook them in the oven or a stovetop skillet - Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line up the green beans in a parchment paper-lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 425 F or you can also pan-fry the beans in a skillet for 15 minutes uncovered on medium heat.
How to Make Air Fryer Green Beans
- Rinse, pat dry and trim the string beans.
- Thinly slice peeled garlic.
- Place in a large bowl and add garlic, salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Mix well coating the beans.
- Add the green beans to the air fryer basket lining them up evenly in a single layer.
- Air fry green beans at 370 F for 8 minutes, and shake the basket halfway through.
Sprinkle red pepper flakes, and squeeze fresh lemon on top before serving. You can also add freshly grated parmesan cheese. Grilled fish and chicken, kabobs, pasta dishes, and turkey burgers all pair perfectly with Air Fried Green Beans. So go ahead and make them today!
- Air-fried garlic string beans make a lovely accompaniment to grilled fish, especially when served with lots of lemon wedges. Try a hearty white fish or Tandoori Salmon.
- They also pair super well with grilled and roasted meats such as Chicken Kabobs. Consider making Air Fryer Chicken Tandoori and Air Fryer French Fries for a start-to-finish meal in the Air Fryer.
- Keep it vegetarian: crispy green beans complement pasta dishes really well too! Serve as a hot alternative to a green salad or as an additional side dish—these are a kid-approved way to get in an extra serving of vegetables!
- Wondering what to do with leftovers? Use leftover air-fried green beans to make a classic and pretty Niçoise salad for lunch with greens, olives, hard-boiled eggs, baby potatoes, and tuna. Don’t forget a lemony dressing!
How long do I air fry green beans?
In my 5.8 QT Cosori air fryer, I air fry at 370 F for 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. Every air fryer works differently and teh cook times will also vary depending on the thickness of the green beans. Check after 6 minutes and increase or decrease the cooking time or temperature if needed. Check for more tips in my air fryer basics guide.
Can I put frozen green beans in the air fryer?
You can cook frozen green beans in the air fryer. Increase the temperature to 400 F and cook for 10 minutes.
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- lemon wedges
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 F for 5 minutes.
- Rinse, pat dry and trim the string beans. Place in a large bowl and add garlic, salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Mix well coating the beans.
- Place the beans in the air fryer basket lining them up evenly. Air fry at 370 F for 8 minutes, shake the basket halfway through.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes and squeeze fresh lemon on top before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line up the green beans in a parchment paper-lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 425 F
- Pan-fry in a skillet for 15 minutes uncovered on medium heat