Pumpkin Bread Pudding – A relaxed weekend brunch or a laid-back cool autumn evening calls for a smooth and creamy bread pudding made with rich pumpkin custard and warm spices!
In the midst of this gorgeous fall weather, with pumpkins and apples everywhere, we can’t help but enjoy the nature’s bounty. Making cakes, parathas, pancakes and bread puddings with the homemade pumpkin puree!
Although, you can use canned pumpkin puree for this recipe, I love the freshness of homemade pumpkin puree.
Steps to make homemade pumpkin puree for pumpkin bread pudding:
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot insert.
- Peel and cube pumpkin into 2 inch pieces. Place them on a steamer basket. Place steamer basket in the Instant Pot.
- Cook on Pressure Cook/Manual(Hi) for 4 minutes followed by Quick Release.
- Allow the pumpkin pieces to cool down and then mash them with a potato masher. Keep refrigerated up to a week.
- Note: You can also cook a small pie pumpkin in the instant pot with skin, on the trivet for about 12-15 mins. Allow natural pressure release, peel and discard the skin and mash the flesh to make the puree.
This Pumpkin bread pudding recipe is similar to my Instant Pot French Toast recipe, except that I make extra custard to pour over the bread to make this a more smoother pudding.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree canned or homemade.
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans/raisins optional
- 7-8 slices of french brioche love trader joe's
- maple syrup
- Grease a 7" push pan with some oil and keep aside.
- Whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, milk, condensed milk, cinnamon, salt, all spice, vanilla and brown sugar in a large bowl to make the custard.
- Cut up the bread in bite sized pieces and toss them in the pumpkin custard.
- Arrange the bread pieces in the greased pan with a spoon. Drizzle the remaining custard over. Drizzle some melted butter on top.
- Cover the pan with paper towel and then put aluminum foil on top of it. If you do not like aluminum foil, you can secure the paper towel with a rubber band.
- Put the pan on the trivet. Add 1 cup water to the main Instant Pot. Place the trivet with the cake pan in the insert.
- Close the lid with pressure valve to sealing. Cook On Manual(Hi) for 22 minutes. Open after 10 minute NPR.
- Add pecans/raisins. Enjoy warm with maple syrup or with some ice cream!
Raisins can also be added with the custard.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.