I love fall for the colors, for the crisp air and pumpkins! I love pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup and my most simple and easy Pumpkin Raita. Its a great side dish with spicy Indian curries and needs very few ingredients.
If You enjoyed this pumpkin raita, also check out the beetroot raita recipe!
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
A side dish made with soft cooked pumpkins with spices and chilies, mixed in cooling yogurt and garnished with cilantro.
- 1/2 pound or 2 cups pumpkin cubed
- 1-2 green chilies cut
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a medium pan. Add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds start to splutter add pumpkin pieces.
- Cook uncovered on medium heat for 5-10 mins stirring frequently. Turn off the heat when the pumpkin pieces are fully cooked.
- Take the pumpkin out in a serving bowl and let it pumpkin cool down.
- In the meantime whisk yogurt, add sugar and salt to taste.
Pout yogurt on top of the pumpkin. Garnish with raw green chilies and cilantro. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat. Mix gently before serving. Enjoy with Rice or Parathas.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.