I love fall for the colors, for the crisp air and pumpkins! I love pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup and my most simple and easy Pumpkin Raita. Its a great side dish with spicy Indian curries and needs very few ingredients.
If You enjoyed this pumpkin raita, also check out the beetroot raita recipe!
- 1/2 lb or 2 cups pumpkin cubed
- 1-2 green chilies cut
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a medium pan. Add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds start to splutter add pumpkin pieces.
- Cook uncovered on medium heat for 5-10 mins stirring frequently. Turn off the heat when the pumpkin pieces are fully cooked.
- Take the pumpkin out in a serving bowl and let it pumpkin cool down.
- In the meantime whisk yogurt, add sugar and salt to taste.
- Pout yogurt on top of the pumpkin. Garnish with raw green chilies and cilantro. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat. Mix gently before serving.
- Enjoy with Rice or Parathas.
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.