Unbelievably tasty, spicy, cheesy and perfectly cooked Spicy Taco Pasta in the Instant Pot! We love this easy one pot spicy taco pasta with ground chicken, onions, jalapeños, cilantro and cheese that has all our favorite mexican flavors packed in it.
Here is what it took for my 2 boys to make this SPICY taco pasta:
- A relaxed and laid-back summer evening
- A Bag of pasta shells
- A pound of ground chicken
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- Favorite Cheeses
Pro tips for perfectly cooked Instant Pot Spicy Taco Pasta:
- Add enough water/broth/sauce so that most of the pasta is under the liquids
- For a well cooked pasta, pressure cook pasta for half the time on the pasta box
- For Al dente pasta, pressure cook for half the time on the pasta box minus 1 minute
- Always add cheese after the pasta is done pressure cooking
- Quick releasing after pressure cooking will avoid overcooking the pasta
How to make vegetarian Spicy Taco Pasta?
- Substitute ground chicken with soy granules/can of rinsed and drained black beans/frozen corn/mushrooms/zuchinni
- Stir in diced red/green/yellow/mixed peppers after the pressure cooking cycle is complete.
Step by Step Instant Pot Spicy Taco Pasta Recipe:
- Turn Instant Pot to Sauté mode and heat oil. Add onions and jalapeños. Sauté for 2-3 mins.Add ground chicken. Break chicken which the spatula. Add taco seasoning and mix everything together.
- Add salsa, 4 cups chicken broth and pasta. Mix well and with the spatula push the pasta under the liquids. Make sure most of the pasta is under liquids for the pasta to cook well.
- Close Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing. Cook on Manual/Pressure cook (Hi) for 3 mins. Note- cook time for the pasta shells we used was 7 minutes. Quick release and open Instant Pot. Stir in the cheeses and garnish with cilantro.
I rarely catch my two boys together cooking in the kitchen with me. But when that happens we create the most fun memories and a DELICIOUS meal as a consequence!
Here are boys together cooking and recording the footage:
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1-2 jalapeños diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 pound pasta we used pasta shells
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning mix love trader joe's
- 2-1/2 cup salsa
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or water or half and half
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese grated
Turn Instant Pot to saute modw and heat oil. Add onions and jalapeños. Sauté for 2-3 mins.
Add ground chicken. Break chicken which the spatula. Add taco seasoning and mix everything together.
Add salsa, 4 cups chicken broth and pasta. Mix well and with the spatula push the pasta under the liquids. Make sure most of the pasta is under liquids for the pasta to cook well.
Close Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing. Cook on Manual/Pressure cook (Hi) for 3 mins. Note- Cook time for the pasta shells we used was 7 minutes.
Quick release and open Instant Pot. Stir in the cheeses and garnish with cilantro.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥ Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live in New Jersey with my husband and two sons.