Unbelievably tasty, spicy, cheesy and perfectly done Spicy Taco Pasta in Instant Pot!
Here is what it took for my 2 boys to make this SPICY taco pasta:
- A relaxed and laid-back summer evening
- A Bag of pasta shells
- A pound of ground chicken
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- Favorite Cheeses
I rarely catch my two boys together cooking in the kitchen with me. But when that happens we create the most fun memories and a DELICIOUS meal as a consequence!
Here are boys together cooking and recording the footage:
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1-2 jalapeños diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 pound pasta we used pasta shells
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning mix love trader joe's
- 2-1/2 cup salsa
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or water or half and half
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese grated
- Turn Instant Pot to saute(more) mode. Once the 'hot' sign displays, add oil. Add onions and jalapeños. Sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Add ground chicken. Break chicken which the spatula. Add taco seasoning and mix everything together.
- Add salsa, 4 cups chicken broth and pasta. Mix well and with the spatula push the pasta under the liquids. Make sure most of the pasta is under liquids for the pasta to cook well.
Close Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing. Cook on Manual/Pressure cook (Hi) for 3 mins. Note- Cook time for the pasta shells we used was 7 minutes.
- Quick release and open Instant Pot. Stir in the cheeses and garnish with cilantro.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.