Instant Pot buffalo chicken chili is a hearty, wholesome chili cooked with ground chicken, beans and lots of veggies in the flavorful and spicy buffalo wing sauce.
Note: The original recipe posted in Mar 2017 has been updated with detailed step by step photos.
This lip smacking Buffalo chicken chili is perfect to warm you up on the cold fall and winter days. It is sure to impress your guests at a super bowl party or potluck dinner.
My 13 year old son Aum, has been very busy this year with several activities and I barely get to spend time with him in the kitchen. So last week I took the opportunity to cook with with him and I am so glad we did it. He was reluctant to start but got SO into it and couldn’t believe how easy it was to cook dinner in the Instant Pot! I think the Instant Pot took away his fear of cooking and by the end of it my younger son wanted to cook another dish together!
Our favorite veggies to add to this soup – corn, celery, diced tomatoes, garlic, onions and jalapeños:
Variations for Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili:
- Skip jalapenos for a less spicy chili
- Add more or less buffalo sauce to get the desired spice level.
- To make vegetarian chili, substitute ground chicken with soy granules or add veggies like mushrooms, zucchini to the chili.
- Get creative with the toppings – we enjoy diced avocados, pepper jack or mexican blend cheese, cilantro, scallions, lime and lots of crunchy tortillas to scoop up the chili with.
Here is a quick recipe for the homemade Spicy Buffalo wing sauce:
- 2/3 cup hot pepper sauce (we like Frank’s RedHot)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine the hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper and garlic powder in a pot and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer while stirring with a whisk. As soon as the liquid begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, remove from heat, stir with the whisk, and set aside for use.
Easy step by step recipe for the Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili:
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode and heat olive oil. Add onions, celery, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, jalapeños and mix well
- Next, add beans, corn and give a quick stir
- Add ground chicken and mix well breaking in the chicken.
- Stir in buffalo wing sauce, tomato paste, salt and chicken broth.
- Close the Instant Pot lid with pressure value to sealing. Cook on manual/pressure cook for 8 mins followed by Quick Release. Garnish with chopped scallions.
- Garnish with mexican cheese and serve with tortilla chips.
Quick Video making Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili:
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
Buffalo chicken chili in instant pot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes diced
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeno diced optional, add for spicier chili
- 1 15-ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions for garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode and heat olive oil. Add onions, celery, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, jalapenos. Mix well.
- Add beans, corn mix well. Add ground chicken and mix well breaking in the chicken. Add buffalo sauce, tomato paste, salt and chicken broth. Mix well.
- Close the Instant Pot lid with pressure value to sealing. Cook on manual/pressure cook for 8 mins followed by Quick Release.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and mexican cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live in New Jersey with my husband and two sons.