Vegan Banana Bread is a lightly sweetened, dense bread made with flax seeds and vegetable oil. This bread is perfect for using up those couple of overripe bananas that we all have on our kitchen counters.
This banana bread makes a great breakfast or snack. It's a small bundt cake that can be cooked in your Instant Pot without having to heat up your kitchen, especially during the summer months.
Even for some of us who eat eggs, using flax seeds is a good idea to add some extra fiber and omega-3s to this delicious banana bread.
Flax seeds have an earthy, nutty flavor making them a perfect ingredient for baking bread, muffins, and cookies. The gum in the flax seed coating becomes gelatinous when the seeds are simply ground and whisked with water. So go ahead and try these flax eggs for added nutrition and fiber in your banana bread.
Tips for perfect Banana Bread
- Use super ripe bananas
- White sugar can be replaced with brown sugar
- You can use a regular cake pan instead of a bundt cake pan with the same cook time
- Depending on the size and shape of your pan you may need extra 5 minutes of cook time
- Grease the pan well so the cake can slide off easily
- You may substitute the flax eggs mixture with 1 egg
You can use store-bought flaxseed meal or grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder. Mash the bananas.
Make the batter by mixing in all the ingredients, and pour it in the grease bundt pan
Cover the pan with a paper towel and aluminum foil and pressure cook for 50 minutes. Release the remaining pressure after 10 minutes and open the Instant Pot. Allow the banana bread to cool for 5 minutes before flipping it onto a plate.
Here are some more Instant Pot bread recipes:
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback. Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
Vegan Banana Bread - Instant Pot
- Grease and flour the Bundt pan and keep aside.
- Make flax egg by whisking ground flaxseeds with 3 tablespoons of water until the mixture becomes gelatinous. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Peel and Mash bananas in a medium bowl. Add flaxseed mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla, salt, baking soda and mix well.
- Add flour and combine.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan. Gently cover the pan with a paper towel. Using a piece of aluminum foil, cover the paper towel and gently secure the paper towel around the rim of the cake pan. Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot. Place the cake pan on the trivet. Gently put the trivet in the pot. Close Instant Pot lid with pressure valve to sealing.
- Select Manual/Pressure Cook (Hi) and adjust the cook time to 50 minutes. Allow 10 minutes of natural pressure release.
- Open the Instant Pot and carefully lift the trivet with the pan, and take it out. Allow the banana bread to cool for 5 minutes and then flip the bread onto a plate.
- Use store-bought flaxseed meal or make it at home by grinding whole flax seeds in a coffee grinder.
- You can also bake this banana bread in the oven for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips or rough-chopped walnuts just before cooking.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥ Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.