Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread – A perfect combination of sweet and savory, this buttery, cheesy cornbread is packed with the flavors and earthy aromas of fresh corn and peppers.
Served warm with chili or soup, this jalapeño cheddar cornbread makes a perfect cool-weather meal or a great side dish for the holidays!
I have been enjoying baking this cornbread in my oven for several years now. This year I decided to try it in the Instant Pot. As I put the cake pan in the Instant Pot, I had plans to broil this cake for a couple of minutes. Once it was ready and I took it out of the push pan, I was so impressed with the perfectly golden brown sides and gorgeous cheesy top!!
At this point, I had forgotten the broiling part and dived straight into trying a piece. I was simply blown away with the soft, melt-in-the mouth textures and the amazing flavors of this cornbread.
So here is my Instant Pot recipe. Feel Free to bake it instead for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees. Either ways, do not miss the flavors of this delicious and EASY cheesy cornbread!
If you enjoy this Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread, here are some other Instant Pot recipes you might like:
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
A perfect combination of sweet and savory, this buttery, cheesy cornbread is packed with the flavors and earthy aromas of fresh corn and peppers.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 large jalapeño peppers seeded and finely chopped, divided
- 1-1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup green scallions thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or 3/4 cup milk with 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs cold
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot. Grease and lightly coat 7” cake pan with corn meal and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
Add the grated cheese, chopped jalapeño and scallions (save 1 tablespoon of each to garnish)
- Add the corn kernels to the flour mixture. Mix gently until well coated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, honey, and eggs.
- Pour over mixed dry ingredients and stir gently with a spoon until just combined.
Pour into the prepared cake pan and garnish with the remaining jalapeño and grated cheese.
Place a paper towel over the cake pan. Then cover it with aluminum foil and secure the aluminum foil around the cake pan. This prevents any moisture from getting inside the pan. Place the cake pan on the trivet and gently put the trivet in the Instant Pot insert.
Cook on Manual(Hi) for 25 minutes with NPR. You can optionally broil for 2 minutes to get browned cheese on top. We enjoy the bread as is!
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.