Zucchini Bread – A dense, not-too-sweet tea bread packed with summer’s fresh squash!
I love zucchini and we make zucchini bread frequently in summer. This year I have barely used my oven for baking as most of the cakes come out so moist in the Instant Pot. Have made this zucchini bread a few times already but made it again this week to share the recipe and Instant Pot timings with you!
THIS is my basic zucchini bread recipe but feel free to fancy it up with some of these options:
- Add a teaspoon of lemon zest and 1 teaspoon of all-spice for a kick
- Replace 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of brown sugar
- Toss in 2 tablespoons of raisins or chocolate chips
You can make it in the 9-in-1 or the 7-in-1 Instant Pot. Recipe timings are for a 6-QT instant pot!
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup grated zucchini 1 large or 2 small zucchini
- 1/2 chopped walnuts optional
- Grease and flour 7 inch cake pan. (I have 7” fat daddio’s aluminum pan with removable bottom)
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
Sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Put a paper towel over the cake pan. Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the cake pan on the trivet. Carefully place the trivet in the Instant Pot
- Close Instant pot lid with pressure valve set to sealing.
- Cook on Manual(Hi) for 60 mins followed by Natural Pressure Release.
- Open Instant Pot, Dab any water from the aluminum foil and carefully remove the foil and paper towel from the cake pan. Allow the bread to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan, and Enjoy!
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.