Pineapple Sheera – An exotic, tropical tasting dessert made with sweet and tangy pineapple cooked in semolina, sugar, garnished with nuts and floral saffron.
Are you looking for a unique dessert recipe for a special occasion, holidays or get together with family and friends? Here is an exquisite and divine dessert made with fresh pineapple and homemade ghee. The taste and aromas will not fail to impress you or your guests.
I have made it for so many people and the reaction on their faces is priceless. I have even received many compliments from people who are not into sweets and who have LOVED this dish.
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
- 1 cup fine sooji / rava / semolina
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon gram flour/besan
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups fresh pineapple cut into small cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 10 almonds sliced
- 10 pistachios sliced
- Roast sooji , besan and wheat flour on Medium to low heat with the ghee. Stirring frequently until the sooji is golden brown.
- In another pan add sugar, pineapple and water on medium to high heat. Bring it to boil stirring a few times.
- Add the roasted sooji to the pan with pineapple syrup, stir well and cover the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Add saffron. Turn off the heat and let it sit covered for 5 mins.
Garnish with almonds and pistachios.
- Optionally you can press the sheera in molds of any shape to make petite servings and then top them up the nuts.
Enjoy Sheera for dessert? Check out these unique and delicious recipes:
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.