Carrot Sheera – A Blissful and EASY Indian dessert with fine semolina and carrots that makes any occasion a celebration!
My mom’s signature recipe, this carrot sheera uses the basic traditional sheera recipe and gives it an healthy and aromatic twist.
Semolina, chickpea flour and whole wheat flour is slow roasted in homemade ghee until the flours turn golden brown and aromatic. Fresh grated carrots are then cooked in ghee to soft texture and they almost melt in this recipe.
It is the addition of chickpea flour and whole wheat flour that gives this dessert a creamy, melt in the mouth textures. We promise you will relish every spoonful of this heavenly dessert!
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
- Roast sooji , besan and wheat flour on Medium to low heat with half the ghee. Stirring frequently until the sooji is golden brown. Keep aside.
- In the same pan add remaining ghee and shredded carrots and cook covered for 5-6 minutes. Stir it few times in between.
- Add 2-1/4 cups of water to the pan with carrots and bring to boil.
- Add the roasted sooji to the pan, stir well and cover the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Add sugar and raisins and cover the pan for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and add the mixed fruit essence.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and pistachios.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live in New Jersey with my husband and two sons.