Kaiser Panha is one of my favorite drinks that is packed with vitamin C and is very refreshing.
I have to agree that it does take quiet some time and patience for this recipe but once ready it can be enjoyed for several weeks. Also the concentrate tastes great on a toast as mango jam.. yumm!!!
Step by step recipe:
Wash and dry the raw mangoes
Peel the mangoes
Pressure cook them for 20 mins on medium high heat. Let the mangoes cool completed. Then take out mango seed and put the pulp in a medium sauce pan and mash it to a smooth consistency
Add sugar and cook for half an hour on medium to low heat.
Add salt, saffron and cardamom powder. Mix it well and let it cool completely.
Mix the concentrate with a hand mixer/stick blender for 2 minutes to get a smooth consistency.
Refrigerate the concentrate in glass jars for up to a month.
To serve the drink, mix 3 tablespoons of concentrate to a glass of water. Add some ice cubes.
- 3 medium raw mangoes
- 1 cup Sugar Or more if the mangoes are very sour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp saffron
- Wash, dry and then peel the raw mangoes. Pressure cook for 20-30 mins. Make sure the mangoes are very soft and pulpy. Let it cool completely.
- Remove the mango seeds and mash the mango pulp.
- Add mango pulp and sugar to a medium sauce pan and cook on medium heat for 20 mins stirring frequently.
- Add salt, saffron and cardamom powder. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely
- Mix the concentrate with a hand mixer/stick blender for 2 minutes to get a smooth consistency.
- Refrigerate the concentrate in glass jars for up to a month.
- To make the drink, mix 3 tablespoons of concentrate to a glass of water. Add some ice cubes.
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.