Refreshing watermelon juice with a hint of salt is a tasty summer drink to keep you hydrated. All it takes is adding watermelon chunks to the blender and blending it for a minute!
Watermelon juice is good for you and has many health benefits. Watermelon is low-calorie and naturally sweet and has 92% water content that helps us stay hydrated. It is a nutrient-dense fruit packed with vitamins and minerals. Just make sure to buy a good-quality watermelon! Also, check out this awesome post on how to pick a good watermelon.
Homemade watermelon juice is quick to make and does not need any fancy equipment. Simply add all the ingredients to the blender and blend tother. I love to add sea salt and a squeeze of fresh lime to brighten the flavors and add a little zest to the juice. Depending on the sweetness of the watermelon, I sometimes add some sugar while blending the juice but it is totally optional.
- Some watermelons tend to be more pulpy or extra crunchy. So, if you do not like pulpy juice or pieces of watermelon in the juice, you can either blend it again for an additional minute with ½ cup of chilled water or simply strain the juice before serving.
- I like to add sea salt that contains minerals such as iodine, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. It complements the sweetness and also enhances the natural flavors of watermelon.
- If you have fresh mint leaves on hand feel free to add them to the blender to add a burst of cooling flavor. I like to serve watermelon juice with sprigs of fresh mint for its aroma and to make it even more visually appealing.
- You can also add a few spoons of small diced watermelon cubes or scooped watermelon balls (using watermelon baller) to the juice while serving for some texture.
- Add a splash of rum to make a delicious watermelon cocktail. Stir in some vodka and triple sec, or add some sparkling white wine and vodka, go ahead and make some fun cocktails with your favorite liquor.
- Not my personal preference but many of my Indian family and friends enjoy watermelon juice with a pinch of Himalayan black salt or chaat masala to add a savory umami taste.
How to Make Watermelon Juice
- Cut the watermelon into smaller chunks.
- Next, add ice or chilled water, watermelon chunks, and sea salt to the blender.
- Blend until all the ingredients are fully pulverized. Add a squeeze of fresh lime and enjoy.
Note: You may want to stir the juice with a spoon if it starts to separate over time.
Here are some of my favorite recipes that pair really well with my refreshing homemade juice:
- Paneer Kathi Roll
- Spicy Masala Chicken Burger
- Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower Taco
- Spicy Tofu Lettuce Wrap
- Chicken Tikka Kebab
- Aloo Chaat in Phyllo Cups
- Tandoori Chicken Wrap
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
- 1 cup ice
- 4 cups watermelon cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoon sugar optional
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 lime wedges
- Add ice, watermelon, sugar and salt to a blender. Blend until all the ingredients are totally pulverized, should take about a minute. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime.
- Depending on the watermelon you have sometimes the juice can be a bit pulpier. If you do not like pulpy texture, blend it again for another minute by adding an extra half a cup of chilled water or go ahead and strain the juice.
- You may want to stir the juice with a spoon if it starts to separate over time.
- Go ahead and add a splash of rum, or stir in vodka and triple sec for a fun cocktail.