Refreshing watermeon juice with a hint of salt is a tasty summer drink to keep you hydrated. All it takes is adding watermelon chunks to the blender and blending it for a minute!
Watermelon juice is good for you and has many health benefits. Watermelon is low calorie and naturally sweet and has 92% water content thats helps us stay hydrated. It is a nutrient dense fruit packed with vitamins and minerals. Just make sure to buy a good quality watermelon! Also check out this awesome post on how to pick a good watermelon.
Homemade watermelon juice is quick to make and does not need any fancy equipment. Simple add all the ingredients in the blender and blend tother. I love to add sea salt and a squeeze of fresh lime to brighten the flavors and to add a little zest to the juice. Depending on the sweetness of the watermelon, I sometimes add some sugar while blending the juice but it is totally optional.
- Some watermelons tend to be more pulpy or extra crunchy. So, if you do not like pulpy juice or bits of watermelon in the juice, you can either blend it again for an additional minute with 1/2 cup of chilled water or simply strain the juice before serving.
- I like to add sea salt that conatins minerals such as iodine, magnesium, calcium, potassium. It compliments the sweetness and also enhances the natural flavors in watermelon.
- If you have fresh mint leaves on hand feel free to add them to the blender to add a burst of cooling flavor. I like to serve watermelon juice with sprigs of fresh mint for its aroma and to make it even more visually appealing.
- You can also add few spoon fulls of small diced watermelon cubes or scopped watermelon balls (using watermelon baller) to the juice while serving for some texture.
- Add a splash of rum to make a delicious watermelon cocktail. Stir in some vodka and triple sec , or add some sparkling white wine and vodka, go ahead make some fun cocktails with your favorite liquor.
- Not my personal preference but many of my Indian family and friends enjoy watermelon juice with a pinch of Himalayan black salt or chaat masala to add savory umami taste.
Watermelon juice with easy steps:
Cut the Watermelon into smaller chunks. Next, add ice or chilled water, watermelon chunks and sea salt to the blender. Blend until all the ingredients are fully pulverized. Add a squeeze of fresh lime and enjoy.
Note: You may want to stir the juice with a spoon if it starts to seperate over time.
Our favorite homemade non-alchoholic drinks:
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
- 1 cup ice
- 4 cups watermelon cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoon sugar optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 lime wedges
- Add all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until all the ingredients are totally pulverized, should take about a minute. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime.
- Depending on the watermelon you have sometimes the juice can be a bit more pulpy. If you do not like pulpy texture, blend it again for another minute by adding extra 1/2 cup of chilled water or go ahead and strain the juice.
- You may want to stir the juice with a spoon if it starts to seperate over time.
- Go ahead and add a splash of rum, or stir in vodka and triple sec for a fun cocktail.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥ Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.