Summer Berry Cake – A perfect tea cake made with mixed berries, lemon zest, and dressed with luscious lemony glaze topped with more fresh berries!
I love cooking in my Instant Pot and this summer I took it to a new level with baking many cakes in my newest 9-in-1 Instant Pot DUO 60
We made several boxed cakes, breads, savory cakes and brownies. It was nice to not heat up the whole kitchen with the oven and still have delicious baked goodies. We loved the moist and dense textures and especially the convenience of the new 9-in-1 Instant Pot with its cake button.
As an Instant Pot superfan, this summer I was invited to be a guest on the Dr.Oz show. When I was asked to bring a cake made in the Instant Pot, I decided to bring my favorite, gorgeous summer berry cake!
This is a basic vanilla cake with lemon zest and lots of berries. The lemony glaze drizzled over the cake is DELICIOUS and enhances the flavors of this not-too-sweet cake. Plus can’t go wrong with more fresh berries on top along with some fresh mint?
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
Summer Berry Cake
- 1½ cups all purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kopsher salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- ¾ cup buttermilk room temperature
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries rinsed, dried and coated in ½ tablespoon of flour. (blueberries, chopped blackberries and raspberries)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cups mixed berries
- handful mint leaves
- Grease and flour a 7” cake pan. I use Fat Daddios’ 7” push pan.
- In a large bowl Sift 1½ cups of flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream together sugar, egg, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and lemon zest until the mixture gets light and fluffy. Pour this batter over the flour mixture and mix well until all the dry ingredients are blended in. Gently fold in the berries in the batter.
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan. Cover the cake pan with a paper towel and then cover it tightly with aluminum foil.
- Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot. Place the cake pan on the trivet and carefully place the trivet in the Instant Pot DUO PLUS 9-in-1.
- Press Cake option(Hi pressure) and change the Mode to Less. Adjust cook time to 35 minutes. Allow Natural Pressure release before opening the Instant Pot.
- Carefully take the trivet out and remove the aluminum foil and paper towel. Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack. Take the cake out of the cake pan.
- Once the cake is cooled, whisk powdered sugar, butter and lemon juice until very smooth. Drizzle over the cake letting it trickle down the sides. Allow the glaze to set for 10-15 minutes before topping the cake with more berries and mint.
- Enjoy! It will stay well covered at room temperatures for 2 to 3 days or can be refrigerated for up to one week
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥ Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.