Here is my easiest, 5-ingredients, no-bake quinoa almond date truffles recipe that is perfect for dessert, breakfast or snack. These delicious truffles also make a perfect homemade holiday gift for your neighbors, friends and family.
These energy balls are super healthy with all wholesome ingredients, well almost all except some dark chocolate, which is my house is considered ‘healthy’. So what makes these so good for you? Well.. here are just a “few” benefits of each of the ingredients:
- Quinoa – Gluten-free, high in protein and antioxidants and has all the essential amino acids.
- Almonds – Helps prevent heart diseases, supports healthy brain function, helps control blood sugar, helps fight cancer and inflammation.
- Dates – Promotes heart, brain and digestive health and are anti-Inflammatory.
- Peanut butter – Packed with antioxidants, heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
- Dark Chocolate – Provides energy, fat, minerals and antioxidants to help maintain overall health.
Convinced yet to make these… like right NOW? With all the nutrition thats packed in them, quinoa-almond-date truffles are possibly the easiest thing to make and enjoy and share may be?
Once you have the quinoa cooked, just add rest of the ingredients in the food processor along with hot quinoa. Turn on the food processor until all the ingredients have blend together well.
Then roll them into small balls, which actually is a fun process as they do not really stick to your hands with all the natural oils released from the peanut butter and almonds. I would call rolling into balls a childs play and perfect to get your kids involved in making them. I use a tablespoon to scoop out approximately same amount every time to make even-sized truffles. Roll the truffles individually in a dish with almond flakes.
Keep refrigerated. I have not had them last for more than a few days but they will stay good refrigerated for week or two.
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 16 pitted dates
- 3 tbsp peanut butter or any nut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Rinse quinoa thoroughly 2-3 time. Add 1/3 cup of water and quinoa to a pot and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and cook quinoa covered for 10 mins.
In a blender or food processor add whole almonds, dates, peanut butter, chocolate chips and cooked quinoa. Blend together for 2-3 minutes or until all the ingredients are well-blended.
Scoop out the mixture one table spoon at a time and roll into round truffles. Then roll them in finely chopped almonds. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to be served.