Here is my favorite Kale Salad with festive pops of red and white against the forest green kale that adds a festive vibe to the table. It has finely chopped kale, sweet grape tomatoes, crunchy almonds, tart cranberries, parmesan cheese with a flavorful homemade lemony-sweet dressing!
Note: The original recipe posted in Oct 2015 has been updated with detailed step-by-step photos and recipe video.
I am not a big fan of store-bought salad dressing and that is where this salad stands out. With basic ingredients like olive oil, honey, and lemon juice, this simple dressing makes this salad super flavorful and healthy.
I often enjoy this salad as a light meal for lunch or serve it for dinner alongside air fried chicken, tandoori salmon, or Chicken Tikka Kebab. The hardy kale leaves soak in the flavors so I often make a double batch and enjoy the leftovers the next day.
Tips for the Best Kale Salad
- Remove the stems and use only the leaves. Check the video below to see how to easily remove the stems.
- Chop the kale leaves as finely as you can. This makes sure that every little bit of the kale gets coakted with the dressing
- Allow the salad to soak in the dressing for 15 to 20 minutes before serving
- Make homemade simple dressing that will stand up to the deep, earthy, and slightly bitter-tasting kale.
Step by step recipe
- 1. Wash and dry kale. Remove the stems from the kale leaves
- Chop the leaves finely and add to a large bowl
- Cut grape tomatoes into half and add to the chopped kale
- In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the salad dressing on the salad and mix it well.
- Top with sliced almonds, cranberries and shredded parmesan cheese.
Kale Salad can be enjoyed as-is for light lunch. For a full meal, serve it with a protein such as Baked Salmon or Tandoori Chicken. Serve with Whole Roasted Cauliflower for a delicious vegetarian meal.
Unlike most salads, kale salad can be stored overnight in the refrigerator as the hardy kale soaks in the flavor. When making ahead for a party, chop all the veggies up to 2 days ahead and refrigerate in an airtight container. Dressing can also be made ahead and refrigerated. Pour the dressing at least 20 minutes before serving. This is also a great healthy dish to take for potlucks and holiday parties.
Here are some of our other favorite kale recipes
Love simple homemade salads? Here are a few more to try:
- Spicy Mango Salad
- Fiesta Quinoa Salad
- Arugula Salad with Lemon Balsamic Dressing
- Indian Cucumber Salad
- Spicy Cabbage Salad
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
Kale Salad with Cranberries and Almonds
- 3 cups kale stems removed and finely chopped
- ½ cup grape tomatoes cut into half
- ½ cup almonds blanced and sliced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry kale. Remove the stems from the kale leaves and chop the leaves finely and place them in a large bowl.
- Cut the grape tomatoes into half and add to the chopped kale.
- In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Pour the salad dressing on the salad and mix it well. Top with sliced almonds, cranberries and shredded parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Remove the stems from the kale and use only the leaves.
- Chop the kale leaves as finely as you can.
- Allow the salad to soak in the dressing for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.
Leave a Reply