Spicy, flavorful and steaming tandoori salmon served over bed of thinly sliced cabbage, green peppers and red onions!
Salmon is our once a week go to fish. One day I decided to change up my salmon marinate and make it tandoori style knowing how much my boys love the tandoori chicken. It was an instant hit and now I make it at least once a month for our weeknight meals. It is also a great party appetizer.
Wild Salmon is a nutritionally dense super food! This oily fish is an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals (including potassium, selenium and vitamin B12) but it is their content of omega-3 fatty acids that receives the most attention.
Here is the step by step recipe for the most flavorful salmon:
Wash, pat dry salmon with paper towel and cut into 6 pieces.
Mix ginger, garlic, garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric, lemon juice, salt and oil. Add salmon and evenly apply spice paste on both sides.
Line a baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper. If using aluminum foil grease the foil with cooking spray. Arrange marinated salmon on the baking tray.
Broil on high setting for 10 mins until salmon starts to brown on the top. Depending on the thickness of the salmon steak you may need to cook a little longer.
Enjoy grilled tandoori salmon with hot on a bed of green cabbage, peppers and red onions with lime wedges.
Here are few other ways we enjoy healthy salmon:
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
- Wash and pat dry salmon with paper towel and cut into 6 cubes.
- In a medium bowl mix ginger, garlic, garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric, lemon juice, oil and salt. Add salmon and coat with spice paste evenly on both sides.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange salmon on the tray.
- Broil on high setting for 8 to 10 minuets or until salmon starts to brown on the top and flakes easily with a fork. Depending on the thickness of the salmon steak you may need adjust the cook time to me more or less.
- Serve with hot on a bed of green cabbage, peppers and red onions with lime wedges. Enjoy!
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live in New Jersey with my husband and two sons.