Cooked in under 30 minutes this homestyle EASY chicken Noodle soup with kale is a must-try! It is healthy, delicious, and simple to make. Using a few basic ingredients, you will have a comforting one-pot meal in no time!
Soups make fantastic meals on cool fall and winter nights. With most of our cooking in the Instant Pot, we are so happy that our favorite chicken noodle soup got even easier to make. This is my recipe that I came up with over years, when I got frustrated eating restaurant noodle soup which was, WELL just not GOOD enough!
Turn Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add oil, garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. Saute for 30 seconds. Add chicken breasts, broth and give a quick stir. Close Instant Pot lid with pressure valve to sealing. Pressure cook for 8 minutes (5 mins for thin chicken breasts) followed by natural pressure release.
Open the Instant Pot. Take the Chicken Breasts out and shred them with a fork. Set Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add egg noodles and shredded chicken. Cook for 4-5 mins as the egg noodles get cook soft and tender. Add baby kale and stir everything together. Turn the Instant Pot off. Garnish with black pepper and fresh parsley.
Enjoy hot! A perfect make-ahead recipe that stays good refrigerated for up to 5 days. For longer shelf life or to freeze this soup, save the egg noodles and the kale. When you are ready to eat, simply thaw the soup overnight in the refrigerator and then heat it up on the stovetop. Simply add egg noodles once the soup comes to a full boil, then stir in the kale!
A few variations to this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle soup:
- Use bone-in chicken for this recipe, it's a great way to boost the nutrient density of this soup
- Substitute Chicken breasts with chicken thighs, drumsticks, or whole cut-up chicken
- You can leave out the baby kale or add other green veggies like baby spinach or Bok choy
- To make this soup low carb, leave out the egg noodles or add spiraled zucchini
- For a gluten-free soup, skip the egg noodles and add rice noodles or any GF noodles
Here are some of our family favorite Instant Pot Soups:
- Pasta e Fagioli
- Chicken Cilantro Soup with ginger
- French Onion Soup
- Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Thai Curry Noodle Soup
- Lasagna Soup
Here is a quick video showing how to make Chicken soup in the Instant Pot:
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with Kale
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 cup yellow onion finely diced
- 1 cup carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth better than bouillon chicken broth base
- 2 cups egg noodles no yolks egg white noodles
- 4 handfuls baby kale or baby spinach
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped for garnish
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add oil, garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Saute for 30 seconds. Add chicken breasts, broth and give a quick stir. Close Instant Pot lid with pressure valve to sealing. Pressure cook for 8 minutes (5 mins for thin chicken breasts) Allow natural pressure release.
- Open the Instant Pot. Take the Chicken Breasts out and shred them with a a fork.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add egg noodles and shredded chicken. Cook for 4-5 mins or until the egg noodles are cooked.
- Add baby kale and stir everything together. Turn the Instant Pot off. Garnish with black pepper and fresh parsley.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥ Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.
This is a complete nutritious comfort food meal in a bowl albeit way too bland. Suggest serving it with a dash of hot sauce!
Hi Kalyani! Serving with hot sauce sounds like a good idea!!
Yum!! Any suggestions on the best gluten free noodle to use with this recipe? I'm tempted to make it as directed but then I can't enjoy it bc I have celiac. Do you think vermicelli would work? Thanks!
Hi Michelle! Yes any of your favorite gluten free noodles or pasta will work perfectly. Rice vermicelli will work too! Let m know if you have any other questions ?
Hi Archana - when you say 4 cup chicken broth better than bouillon chicken broth base, do you mean mix the bouillon chicken broth base with water? How much base and how much water? Thanks! sounds yummy.
Hi! To make 1 cup of broth with better than bouillon, you mix 1 teaspoon of of the broth base to 1 cup of water. So you need 4 teaspoon of base and 4 cups of water. Let me know how you like this soup!