Simple, bright, delicious! Here is my favorite sprouted mung bean salad that I love to make all year long. Loaded with fresh veggies and dressed up in red chili powder, salt and tangy lime juice, this healthy salad has a magical combination of flavors and textures. Enjoy it as a side salad, a light lunch this versatile salad can be easily adapted to the ingredients you have!
My pantry is always stocked with variety of pulses that include whole beans and lentils. Pulses packed with proteins are low in fat and high in fiber, are fairly inexpensive and are a good alternate to animal protein. Stored in dry airtight containers, lentils and beans have a long shelf life and can be used in a variety of dishes.
Mung beans are one of my favorite kind of beans. I love to sprout them and then use in curries, salads or just as a quick crunchy snack. The sweet meaty textures of sprouted beans are satisfying and delicious too! Check out my detailed post on how to sprout mung, moth and masoor.
This colorful mung bean salad recipe makes for a side salad, a quick lunch and also a gorgeous looking side dish for parties and festive meals. The recipe is incredible versatile and you dress it up or down based on the ingredients you have on hand. From making a salad station to a nicely mixed up salad with sweet, tangy, spicy toppings this is a must try recipe.
Here is are few photos showing how I like to build my sprouted mung bean salad:
1: Start with a few handful of sprouted mung beans in a mixing bowl and then add your favorite veggies. I like to add carrots, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes and corn as my base as these are readily available year around!
2: Add your favorite garnish and spices. I love cilantro, salt and red chili powder. If you do not like cilantro you can add parsley, basil or mint and you can spice it up with black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper or jalapeños just to name a few!
3. Add a generous amount of freshly squeezed lime juice, mix and enjoy!
This is my base recipe although it is delicious as is, here are some more fun ways to serve it:
- Serve with whole tortilla chips to scoop up the salad or add crushed chips on top for crunchy textures
- Make an Indian “Bhel” by adding in yogurt, green chutney and a sprinkle of chat masala, garnished with a handful of crunchy sev.
- Serve with light and crispy pani puri’s to make a fun and delicious meal.
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
Sprouted Mung Bean Salad
- 1/2 cup sprouted mung beans
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup carrots grated
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- cilantro to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the sprouted mung beans with the tomatoes, red onion, corn, cucumber and carrots. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. I have used red pepper in this recipe. But you can use black pepper or finely chopped jalapenos. Pour the lime juice and mix well. Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥ Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.