Simple, bright, and delicious! Here is my favorite sprouted mung bean salad that I love to make all year long. Loaded with fresh veggies and dressed up in red chili powder, salt, and tangy lime juice, this healthy recipe has a magical combination of flavors and textures. I enjoy it as a light lunch and I love that this versatile salad can be easily adapted to the ingredients you have on hand.
My pantry is always stocked with a variety of pulses that include whole beans and lentils. Pulses packed with proteins are low in fat and high in fiber, are fairly inexpensive and are a good alternative to animal protein. Stored in dry airtight containers, lentils and beans have a long shelf life and can be used in a variety of dishes.
Mung beans are one of my favorite kinds of beans. I love to sprout them and then use them in curries, salads, or just as a quick crunchy snack. The sweet meaty textures of sprouted beans are satisfying and delicious too! Check out my detailed post on how to sprout mung, moth, and masoor.
This colorful mung bean salad recipe makes for a side salad, a quick lunch, and also a gorgeous-looking side dish for parties and festive meals. The recipe is incredibly versatile and you can make it using the ingredients you have on hand. From making a salad station to a nicely mixed-up salad with sweet, tangy, spicy toppings this is a must-try recipe.
Ingredients to make Mung Bean Salad
- Sprouted Mung Beans -
- Veggies - finely diced cucumbers, red onion, tomatoes, corn, grated or diced carrots
- Spices - salt, red chili powder, and chat masala
- Lime - freshly squeezed lime juice
- Cilantro for garnish
How to make Mung Bean Salad
Here are few photos showing how I like to build my sprouted mung bean salad:
- Start with a few handfuls of sprouted mung beans in a mixing bowl and then add your favorite veggies. I like to add carrots, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and corn as my base as these are readily available year-round!
- Add your favorite garnish and spices. I love cilantro, salt, and red chili powder. If you do not like cilantro you can add parsley, basil, or mint and you can spice it up with black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, or jalapeños just to name a few!
- Add a generous amount of freshly squeezed lime juice, mix and enjoy!
How to Serve
Although the salad is delicious as is, here are some more fun ways to serve it:
- Serve with whole tortilla chips to scoop up the salad or add crushed chips on top for crunchy textures
- Make an Indian "Bhel" by adding in yogurt, green chutney, and a sprinkle of chat masala, garnished with a handful of crunchy sev.
- Serve with crispy Pani puri, sweet yogurt, tamarind chutney, and mint chutney to make a fun and delicious meal.
- Pair it with Tandoori Chicken or Tandoori Salmon for a healthy meal
- Serve with your favorite curry, dal, and rice for a festive meal
More Indian Salad Recipes You Will Love
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
Sprouted Mung Bean Salad
- ½ cup sprouted mung beans
- ½ cup tomatoes diced
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup sweet corn fresh or thawed frozen
- ½ cup cucumber peeled and diced
- ½ cup carrots grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chat masala optional
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
- In a medium bowl add sprouted mung beans, tomatoes, red onion, corn, cucumber, and carrots. You can also add diced avocado, jalapenos, etc
- Add red chili powder, salt, and chat masala.
- Pour the lime juice and mix well. Garnish with cilantro.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥ Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.