Having made this super simple Air Fryer Potato Wedges recipe many times now (to the delight of my family!) I can attest that POTATO WEDGES were made for the Air Fryer. They are perfectly seasoned with the most satisfyingly crispy edges and a tender creamy center. Finger food can be fast, fun, and healthy!
If you want restaurant-quality Potato Wedges--this is how you get them without all the extra oil. They’re levels above oven-baked wedges which can cook unevenly, either underbaked in the center or dried out in spots. Air Frying crisps the thick-sliced potatoes all the way around and cooks them through perfectly. All in half the time of a conventional oven.
Air Fried potatoes also hold their shape really well and look so appetizing on the plate! We’ve thoroughly enjoyed these crispy potatoes as a starter, snack, and side dish. They’re made for sharing and entertaining, making game nights and movie nights even better!
Don’t forget the dip! See below for my suggestions…..
Health Benefits of Potatoes
Potatoes are an excellent source of antioxidants, potassium (important for controlling blood pressure, sodium and fluid levels in the body, and well-functioning muscles), magnesium, vitamin C, and Vitamin B6. They are also full of fiber in the form of resistant starch which keeps you fuller longer, promotes healthy digestion, helps regulate blood sugar, and can help lower cholesterol. Potatoes are a versatile, naturally gluten-free, filling, and satisfying food!
How to Make Air Fryer Potato Wedges
A printable recipe card with measurements can be found at the end of this post :
- Scrub potatoes under running water and dry well.
- Cut each potato into half lengthwise and then cut each half into 4 wedges lengthwise.
- Soak the potato wedges in ice-cold water for 15 minutes.
- Drain out all of the water and place the potato wedges on a kitchen towel. Wipe them dry.
- Place them in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add oil and toss the wedges so the potatoes are coated evenly. Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the potatoes so they get evenly coated with all of the seasonings.
- Place the wedges in a single layer inside the preheated Air Fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 380 F for 20 minutes, turning the wedges halfway through.
How to Serve Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Crispy Potato Wedges are a perfect match for burgers, kabobs, and sandwiches. Pair with my Masala Chicken Burgers, Spicy Salmon Burgers, Black Bean Sweet Potato Burgers, Chicken Kathi Rolls, and Pulled Butter Chicken Sandwiches.
- For a light but satisfying dinner, we like to serve hot crispy Potato Wedges with a fresh Arugula Salad with Lemon Dressing.
Potato wedges are extra awesome served with a trio of dips for parties, game nights, and movie nights! Make extra potatoes, they disappear! Choose dips from Sriracha Mayo, Ketchup, and Cilantro Mint Chutney. And if you enjoyed these potato wedges do try my easy air fryer sweet potato fries too.
- Rinse and pat dry the potatoes really well before you slice them. This will remove any dirt or other residue they might have on them already. It's very important to always rinse your potatoes before you cook them.
- If you leave the skin on the potato wedges as I do, it is better to buy organic potatoes. If you buy non-organic, wash and peel the potatoes really well before you dry and cut them into wedges.
- Try to slice the potatoes the same size each time. Uniformity in size is very important. If one wedge is much thicker than the others, it won't cook as fast and might even be raw when the rest of them are cooked.
Storing and Freezing
Store a bag of cut Potato Wedges that you can just toss in the Air Fryer later to save yourself precious prep time in the kitchen.
Here's how to freeze your homemade Potato Wedges:
- Follow the same steps in this recipe for preparing the potato wedges, stopping before you Air Fry them.
- Place the seasoned potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Put the entire baking sheet in the freezer and freeze the wedges.
- After they are frozen, take the baking sheet out of the freezer.
- Store all of the Potato Wedges in a resealable plastic freezer bag.
- They will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
More Air Fryer Vegetables You'll Love
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Kurkuri Bhindi
- Masala Fries
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Crispy Air Fried Onions
- Cauliflower Wings
Soaking the potato wedges draws out the extra starch, which helps the potatoes keep their shape and also prevents them from sticking together. And the final product will be much crispier!
Use Idaho (also called Russet) potatoes. They are starchy, dense, and have the least amount of moisture in them. They make the most consistent, crispy, and tender potato wedges!
Do not use waxy potatoes or red potatoes. They have too much water in them and tend to hollow out because the water will evaporate as you Air Fry them.
The best way to store them is in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for 2-3 days if you store them this way.
Do not use the microwave. When you microwave leftover potatoes, it makes them really soft and soggy. The best way to reheat them is in the Air Fryer at a lower heat (300 degrees F) for about 5-10 minutes.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe
- 2 medium Russet potatoes scrubbed clean (I didn’t peel mine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese optional
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley optional
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 F. Cut each potato into half lengthwise and then cut each half into 4 wedges lengthwise. Soak the potato wedges in ice-cold water for 15 minutes.
- Drain out all of the water and place the potato wedges on a kitchen towel. Wipe them dry and then put in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add oil and toss the wedges so the potatoes are coated evenly. Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Toss the potatoes so they get evenly coated with all of the seasonings.
- Place the wedges in a single layer inside the Air Fryer basket. Cook at 380 F for 20 minutes, turning the wedges halfway through.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
♥ Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.
Leave a Reply