Lasagna Soup – All the delicious flavors from the classic lasagna in this easy one-pot recipe. I love this lasagna soup as a quick, filling and hearty weeknight meal. Stir in parmesan, ricotta and mozzarella cheese in the end as per your preference to make it creamy or lighter dish.
We enjoy the traditional classic, lasagna and often make a large tray that is baked in the oven. Although the flavors are amazing, most weeknights are too busy to cook it in the traditional way. This is when I started making it as a one-pot soup which does not need pre-boiling the sheets and spending time layering. The soup also is a great way to make it more or less cheesy for a lighter meal. And because I cook with my children a lot, I prefer making this soup in the Instant Pot!
How can I make vegetarian Lasagna Soup?
- Simply skip the ground chicken and add diced zucchini, mushrooms or peppers instead.
How can the lasagna soup be made on stove top?
- Add an extra cup of water or broth along with the pasta noodles and cook the pasta uncovered for the cook time specified on the pasta package. Follow the remaining recipe as is.
Here are some of my other favorite Italian recipes using the Instant Pot:
Step by step EASY lasagna soup recipe made in the Instant Pot:
- Sauté garlic, onions and red chili pepper flakes in oil
- Add ground chicken cook for 2 minutes
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, parsley, oregano and bay leaf
- Add lasagna pieces and salt. Pressure cook for 4 minutes
- Stir in spinach and ricotta cheese. Add mozzarella cheese, parmesan and garnish with basil leaves
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
All the delicious flavors from the classic lasagna in this easy one-pot recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper more for spicier soup
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles about 10 noodles, broken into pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach or 12 oz fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated, for topping
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded, for topping
- handful fresh basil chopped
Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode and add oil, garlic, onions and crushed pepper flakes. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add ground chicken and mix well breaking the chicken in the pot. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, parsley, oregano and bay leaf. Add lasagna pieces and salt. Stir everything well.
- Close the Instant Pot with Pressure Valve to sealing. Select Manual/Pressure Cook(Hi) and adjust the time to 4 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Open the Instant Pot and stir in spinach and ricotta cheese. Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode and cook for another 2-3 mins. Serve hot with grated mozzarella, parmesan and basil leaves.
I have used Barilla Lasagne noodles in this recipe which has a stove top cook time of 8 minutes. To pressure cook the noodles aldente, I reduce the stove cook time into half. Hence the pressure cook time used in this recipe is 4 minutes.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.