My absolute favorite immune boosting, energizing green smoothie made with just 5 ingredients. Naturally sweetened with fresh apples and oranges this detox smoothie has superfoods spinach, hemp hearts, anti-inflammatory ginger.
With all the immune boosting ingredients, this vegan green smoothie is packed with fiber and also has a delicious taste. It has a bite to it from the apple peels and fibers from oranges that also makes it satisfying. The slight zing of ginger is just perfect and the shelled hemp seeds and spinach simply melds in it.
Energizing Green Smoothie Ingredients:
- Apple – Rich in phytonutrients, Fuji, Gala or Red delicious apples, add them with the peel on for extra nutrition and fiber
- Orange – Packed with Vitamin C, Naval oranges, simply cut the peel off and add for fresh citrusy aromas
- Ginger – Anti-inflammatory and adds a touch of sharp flavors
- Spinach – A big handful of baby spinach
- Hemp Hearts – Shelled hemp seeds are a good source of proteins, Omegas 3 & 6 and adds nutty flavors
Water works nicely in this recipe to give this smoothie a perfect texture. Or you can add nutrient rich hydrating coconut water instead, we love the Harmless Harvest brand coconut water.
Steps to make EASY Detox Smoothie
- Cut and core an apple, cut the skins of the orange and cut into pieces. Roughly chop ginger.
- In a blender jar pour chilled water or coconut water (ice cubes also can be added instead of water). Add shelled hemp hearts, chopped apple, orange, ginger and spinach.
- Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
I love this homemade detox smoothie for morning breakfast or also as lunch on the go on busy days. It is also my go to smoothie during especially during the holiday madness so I can stay healthy and energetic to keep up with all the social events and holiday shopping!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Also try this soothing and immune boosting, Lemon Ginger Tea with Honey
More of my favorite healthy homemade drinks
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking