Home cooking at its best! A beautiful year around recipe that is nutritious and flavorful with very few ingredients. We try to eat Salmon once a week in my family. In addition to Tandoori Salmon and Methi garlic salmon, here is another quick recipe of Salmon Tikka Masala Skewers that we savor. This recipe uses green marinade made with the goodness of cilantro, mint, ginger, garlic, yogurt and the warmth of homemade garam masala which is especially good for fall and winter meals.
Check out the new printer friendly recipe and the super helpful nutrition label for this recipe at the end of this post!
The key to this recipe is a nice fresh fillet of wild salmon. I usually ask the monger to take the skin off so its even easier to make. Cut the salmon into 2 inch pieces. Blend cilantro, mint, ginger, garlic and green chili to a fine paste. Stir in yogurt, lemon juice, garam masala and salt to the marinade. Apply evenly to the salmon chunks.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Thread marinated salmon on skewers. Baste some oil on the salmon. Broil on high for 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
Serve salmon tikka masala skewers hot with lemon wedges and sliced onions. Goes well with a side to rice, couscous or salad.
- 2 lb wild salmon
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1-2 green chilies depending on how spicy they are
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Cut salmon into 2 inch pieces. Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. If using wooden skewers, soak them for 20 mins in water.
- Make fine paste with mint leaves, cilantro, green chili, ginger and garlic. Add garam masala, yogurt, lemon juice and salt. Mix well and then apply evenly to the salmon.
- Thread 3-4 pieces of Salmon on each skewer. Baste some oil on the it and Broil on high for 8-10 mins.
These skewers can also be grilled on a outdoor grill.
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.