Instant Pot buffalo chicken chili is a hearty chili loaded with minced chicken, beans and lots of colorful veggies and the flavorful and spicy buffalo wing sauce!
Last week was school winter break for us and both my children were home. For the first time in many years we decided to stay local and we were so lucky with beautiful spring like weather. We caught up on a lot of sleep, reading, movies and it was also a perfect week to work on more amazing Instant Pot recipes. I love my Instant Pot IP-DUO60 so much that I finally went ahead and partnered with the makers of Instant Pot to bring it to you at discounted price. So go ahead and check out my brand new page – Sharing My Love of The Instant and order yours today!
My 13 year old son Aum, has been very busy this year with several activities and I barely get to spend time with him in the kitchen. So last week I took the opportunity to cook with with him and I am so glad we did it. He was reluctant to start but got SO into it and couldn’t believe how easy it was to cook dinner in instapot! I think the instapot took away his fear of cooking and by the end of it my younger son wanted to cook another dish together!
As always, I made sure we had ALL the ingredients ready before we started the instapot. You can always change up the ingredients. Add more or less buffalo sauce and skip jalapeños if you are not into a spicy chili!
And here is Aum cooking away the yummiest buffalo chicken chili in instapot:
Note: Once the chili is ready, you may want to keep it on sauté mode without the lid to bring the chili to your desired consistency. You can also reduce the chicken broth to 1 cup for a thicker chili and add more broth after the chili is ready to adjust the consistency.
- 1 lb minced chicken
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno diced (optional, add for spicier chili)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- ¾ cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1-½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chopped scallions for garnish
- ½ cup shredded mexican cheese
- Turn IP to saute and wait for it to turn hot. Add olive oil, onions, celery, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, jalapenos. Mix well. Add beans, corn mix well. Add minced chicken, buffalo sauce and chicken broth. Add tomato paste and salt.
- Close IP with pressure value to sealing. Cook on manual for 8 mins followed by QR. To with chopped scallions and mex cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Note: Once the chili is ready, you may want to keep it on sauté mode without the lid to bring the chili to your desired consistency. You can also reduce the chicken broth to 1 cup for a thicker chili and add more broth after the chili is ready to adjust the consistency.