Looking for a unique dessert recipe for a special occasion, holidays or get together with family and friends? Here is another one of my mom’s recipe that is very unique and magical! Its a lightly sweetened dish and the aroma of fresh pineapple is divine. I have made it for so many people and the reaction on their faces is priceless! I have even received many compliments from people who are not into sweets and who have LOVED this dish!
Pineapple Sheera Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time:15 mins Total time: 25 mins
1 cup fine sooji/rava/semolina
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoon gram flour/besan
1 cup ghee
1 cup sugar
4 cups fresh pineapple cut into small cubes
3 cups water
1/4th tsp saffron
- Roast sooji , besan and wheat flour on Medium to low heat with the ghee. Stirring frequently until the sooji is golden brown.
- In another pan add sugar, pineapple and water on medium to high heat. Bring it to boil stirring a few times.
- Add the roasted sooji to the pan with pineapple syrup, stir well and cover the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Add saffron. Turn off the heat and let it sit covered for 5 mins.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and pistachios.
- Optionally you can press the sheera in molds of any shape to make petite servings and then top them up the nuts.