Picture this for your next brunch…..A platter heaped with healthy homemade baked oat berry muffins, mini bagels, jams, yogurt parfaits, and hard-boiled eggs that are halved and sprinkled liberally with everything bagel seasoning. The most glorious jewel-toned fruits get tucked in around, adding the finishing touches to a stunning Breakfast Charcuterie Board!!
I had the most fun putting together this Breakfast Board and I couldn’t be more excited to share it with you. This is my new go-to way to serve brunch that is an EASY technique for the biggest wow-factor payoff! I can’t recommend it highly enough!
WHAT IS A CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
Many people know the charcuterie board as an afternoon or evening appetizer piled with cured meats, cheeses, and all the fixings like dried fruits, compotes, olives, and dried fruit served with crackers and bread. Charcuterie in French describes the cold cured and cooked meats you’ll find artfully displayed, often on a wooden board and enjoyed with glasses of wine.
We’re using this easy entertaining idea to bring the same charm to little brunch bites that are sure to be a big hit with everyone!
What I love about the Brunch Board
The Breakfast Platter is a beautiful way to display a variety of options, both savory and sweet. Playing with colors and textures creates an absolute feast for the eyes. The brunch board is also easily moveable and portable! So go ahead and make this for your next picnic or outdoor get-together! It looks like pure abundance and adds so much fun, fancy, and whimsy to your events.
The best part is that the variations you can create are endless. And each person can have a unique culinary experience by choosing from the options. Mini offering means your guests can have a taste of everything! Just like a brunch buffet but all in one place and from the comfort of home.
This is the easiest yet most effective technique for bringing fun and fancy to your next brunch! A combination of store-bought and homemade selections makes the breakfast platter very doable without a big-time commitment and it looks like perfection.
Father’s Day Breakfast Ideas and My Inspiration
Breakfast is my husband, Ravi’s, favorite meal of the day. Ravi used to travel quite a bit for work in India and was living out of hotels for spells at a time. He loved the breakfast at the hotels and all of the options. He would fill up on breakfast because he would often miss lunch while on the job at remote locations. I included some of his favorites on this brunch board (bagels, oats, yogurt, eggs, and fruits) while making sure we had a nice mix of healthy and delicious foods.
- Want to add more savory options? Add turkey bacon or chicken sausage, scallion cream cheese, and thick slices of ripe red tomatoes near the bagels so your guests can put together an open-faced bagel sandwich with all these yummy toppings! And, of course, there is always the classic NY combo of cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, and chopped tomatoes on a bagel!
- Mini Pancakes or Waffles cut into quarters and a bowl of whipped cream is super fun additions for kids and adults! The same batter from my berry oat muffins above can be used to make pancakes or waffles.
- Add some mini pastries if you have a favorite local bakery.
Share the breakfast board between savory and sweet options or for a larger gathering serve one of each side by side.
- Some suggestions for Savory board - fresh colorful crudités, dips, a selection of cheeses and meats, if you like, Ministry of Curry Masala Toast triangles with green chutney and ketchup dipping bowls, halved hard-boiled eggs with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, and quartered Bombay Sandwiches.
- For the sweet board use the oat berry muffins, bagel spread, and yogurt parfaits from above with fresh fruits. For an additional option consider Instant Pot Zucchini Bread, Instant Pot Vegan Banana Bread, or Almond Flour Banana Bread slices to fill out a larger platter.
Tips and Suggestions
- On this breakfast board, I have included various foods to ensure that people with all different types of specialized diets can enjoy the platter too. The yogurt parfaits are dairy-free, the muffins are gluten-free. Also check more GF, DF, Vegetarian, and Vegan recipes on the blog such as poha or french toast.
- Prep ahead for this breakfast board by making the baked oat mini muffins and yogurt parfaits a day ahead. Make sure to refrigerate.
- Make the perfect hard-boiled eggs using the Instant Pot 5-5 method. Pressure cook for 5 minutes followed by 5 minutes natural pressure release and then pour ice-cold water over the eggs. The peels will slide off easily making for perfect hardboiled eggs.
- Early spring I plant seeds for edible flowers. They make for a beautiful garnish. Edible flowers are also available at some whole foods and local farmer's markets.
- Here are some drink pairings that we love - Hot Ginger Chai, Fresh Ginger Lemonade, Kairi Panha - a Refreshing Mango Drink!
How to arrange the breakfast board
Here is a quick 4 step visual guide to show you an easy way to make a beautiful charcuterie board. The detailed ingredients and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Take a large platter or tray. You can also line a baking sheet or a large cutting board with parchment paper or some pretty linen tea towels. I used a 10” x 16” white rectangle platter. Start by placing the bagels and the spreads on the top corner.
- Place the yogurt cups next to the bagels. Next, place the baked oats mini muffins on the bottom left of the platter with the hard-boiled eggs sprinkled with red chili and everything but bagel seasoning on top.
- Arrange the fruits by starting with the bigger fruits like bunches of grapes, citrus wedges, and strawberries.
- Then fill in all the gaps with smaller berries. Use the raspberries and blueberries to fill up any gaps between the bowls so the board looks filled in. Garnish with fresh rosemary and edible flowers. Place small spoons and knives for the spreads and yogurt.
- We used vanilla coconut milk yogurt from Trader Joes, but use whichever kind is your favorite!
- Add your choice of spreads with the mini bagels
- Substitute the healthy baked oats berry muffins,with the Carrot Cake Baked Oats with Cream Cheese and slice into pretty squares or bake as muffins.
I hope you guys will try this breakfast charcuterie board for your next family brunch or a special celebration! I would love your feedback. Please share your comments, photos and rate the recipe below!
Breakfast Charcuterie Board
- 4 mini bagels cut into half and toasted
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz Strawberry preserve
- 4 oz mango jam
- 10 oz cultured vanilla coconut milk Trader Joe’s **
- 2 freeze dried raspberries Trader Joe’s
- 1 dried apricot thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon blanched almond slices
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 4 mini berry baked oats muffins
- 4 hard boiled eggs **
- pinch red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons everything but bagel seasoning
- 8 oz grapes
- ½ orange
- ½ grapefruit
- 8 strawberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- edible flowers
- Make the perfect hard-boiled eggs using the Instant Pot 5-5 method - pressure cook for 5 minutes followed by 5 minutes natural pressure release and then pour ice-cold water over the eggs. The peels will slide off easily. Just before arranging the platter, cut each egg into half and lightly with red chili powder. Next sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning.
- For the yogurt Parafaits, use small 2 to 4 ounce shot glasses or cups. Whip the yogurt in a small bowl. Add 3 to 4 spoonfuls in each cup. Sprinkle with chia seeds, crushed freeze dried raspberry, almond slices and a slice of apricot. These can be made ahead a day before and refrigerated.
- Make the mini baked oat muffins. These can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
- Take a large platter or tray. You can also line a baking sheet or a large cutting board with parchment paper or some pretty linen tea towels. I used a 10” x 16” white rectangle platter.
- Start by placing the bagels and the spreads on the top corner. Place the yogurt cups next to the bagels. Next place the baked oats mini muffins on the bottom left of the platter with the hard boiled eggs sprinkled with red chili and everything but bagel seasoning on top.
- Last step is to arrange the fruits starting with the bigger fruits. Arrange a couple of bunches of grapes, citrus wedges, strawberries and blackberries. Then fill in all the gaps with smaller raspberries and blueberries. Garnish with fresh rosemary and edible flowers on top.
- We used vanilla coconut milk yogurt from Trader Joe's, but use whichever kind is your favorite!
- Make the perfect hard-boiled eggs using the Instant Pot 5-5 method - pressure cook for 5 minutes followed by 5 minutes natural pressure release and then pour ice-cold water over the eggs. The peels will slide off easily.
priya sanil says
Thank you for sharing
So glad you enjoyed it!
Lovely idea and Archana made it super easy for everyone with her detailed recipe!
Thank you Archana, I made this breakfast charcuterie board today as part of Father's day celebrations and my husband and daughter loved it.
Thank you so much for the lovely feedback!