This spinach mushroom lasagna is layered with spinach, mushrooms, garlic, and cheeses and then pressure cooked in the Instant Pot! You will love this new cooking technique the classic lasagna for a quick weeknight meal. Perfectly cooked pasta loaded with vegetables, cheese, sauce, and a hint of spice all with easy cleanup.
This spinach mushroom lasagna was on our repeat recipe past summer. Not having to heat up the house with the oven was a big bonus. But now that we are in the cooler weather, this still remains to be our go-to lasagna recipe.
This recipe is convenient & hassle-free with the no-boil lasagna noodles and cooked to perfection in the Instant Pot. Also, a great make-ahead dish that can be warmed up in the Instant Pot or oven.
- A 7" cake push pan works great for this recipe but you can also use a stainless steel bowl, an ovenproof glass bowl, or a springform pan
- You can broil the pasta for a crispy top if you like. We usually prefer it straight out of the Instant Pot
- You can easily incorporate ground meats into this lasagna by first sautéing it along with the onions and garlic
Make the Veggie Filling: Sauté onions, garlic, frozen chopped spinach, and mushrooms in the Instant Pot. Discard any excess liquids, and reserve the veggies.
Mix in Cheeses: Mix together ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan. We skip the egg in this recipe, but if you like you can whisk in 1 to 2 eggs and stir them in the cheese filling.
Assemble: Start with 3 sheets for the first layer broken into 3-4 pieces. Line up the broken lasagna sheets in the circular pan. Spread half a cup of marinara sauce over the noodles followed by half of the sautéed veggies. Spread half of the cheese mix.
Repeat the above steps one more time and you are ready for the final top layer! Spread the remaining 3 lasagna sheets, tomato sauce, and the reserved mozzarella and parmesan cheese. That's all! Cover the pan with aluminum foil so the water from the Instant Pot does not get in the lasagna pan. Place the pan on the trivet.
Add one cup of water to the Instant Pot insert. Place the trivet carefully in the Instant Pot. Set the Instant Pot to manual/pressure cook (hi) for 20 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally. Using heat-resistant mitts carefully take out the trivet and the lasagna pan. Allow cooling for 5 minutes.
To remove the lasagna, run a butter knife around the sides of the pan. Then place the pan on a cup and gently push down the rims of the pan. Place the bottom disk of the cake pan with the lasagna on a platter, cut the lasagna and serve.
In addition to this easy lasagna recipe, here are some of our favorite pasta using Instant Pot for easy meals:
- Pasta with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Penne Alla Vodka
- Spinach Artichoke Mac n Cheese
- Pasta Caprese
- Lasagna Soup
- Spicy Taco Pasta
spinach mushroom lasagna
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 8 oz white mushrooms diced, about 2 cups
- 3 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 9 no-boil oven ready lasagna sheets
- 1½ cup marinara sauce
- 1½ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese divided
- ½ cup parmesan cheese divided
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and heat oil. Add onions and garlic, mix well and cook covered with a glass lid for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, spinach and red pepper flakes. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Take out the sautéed vegetables, draining excess liquids. Keep aside.
- Quick rinse the Instant Pot insert and dry well both inside and outside.
- Mix ricotta cheese, ¼ cup of parmesan and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and keep aside.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot insert. Use the 7” fat daddios cake push pan or similar cake pan.
- Break 3 pasta sheets and arrange them evenly in the cake pan. Spread ½ cup of pasta sauce over it. Spread half of the spinach-mushroom mixture over the sauce. Spread half of the mixed cheese evenly.
- Repeat the above starting with pasta, sauce, veggies and cheese.
- Layer the remaining 3 pasta sheets and tomato sauce. Sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover the cake pan with aluminum foil. Put the cake pan on the trivet and carefully place the trivet inside the Instant Pot. Close Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing.
- Pressure Cook for 20 mins followed by 10 minutes Natural Pressure Release. Open Instant Pot and enjoy.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥ Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.