A new cooking technique for the good-old lasagna? This spinach mushroom lasagna is layered with spinach, mushrooms, garlic and cheeses and then pressure cooked in the Instant Pot! Soft-cooked noodles with the goodness of sautéed vegetables, cheese and spices makes it a delicious and filling meal.
This spinach mushroom lasagna was on our repeat recipe past summer. Not having to heat-up the house with the oven was a big bonus. But now that we are in the cooler weather, this still remains to be our go-to lasagna recipe. It is hassle-free with the no-boil lasagna noodles and cooked to perfection in the Instant Pot. A great make ahead dish that can be warmed up in the Instant Pot or oven.
We start with sautéing onions, garlic, frozen chopped spinach and mushrooms in the Instant Pot. Discard any excess liquids, and reserve the veggies.
Next, mix up the cheese, we loves ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan. We always skip egg but feel-free to add one to the cheeses. A jar of marinara sauce and no-boil lasagna sheets.
A 7″ cake push pan works great for this recipe but feel free to use a pyrex bowl or a spring foam pan.
How to assemble the spinach mushroom lasagna:
- Start with 3 sheets for the first layer broken into 3-4 pieces. Line up the broken lasagna sheets in the circular pan
- Spread half a cup of marinara sauce over the noodles
- Spread half of the sautéed veggies
- Spread half of the cheese mix
Repeat the above steps one more time and you are ready for the final top layer! Spread the remaining 3 lasagna sheets, tomato sauce and the reserved mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Thats all! Cover the pan with an aluminum foil so the water from the Instant Pot does not get in the lasagna pan. Place the pan on the trivet.
Add one cup of water to the Instant Pot insert. Place the trivet carefully in the Instant Pot. Set the Instant Pot to manual/pressure cook (hi) for 20 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally and you are ready to enjoy the lasagna!
Note: You can also broil the pasta for the crispy top, but we have not once had patience to do this step!
If you have tried and enjoyed this spinach mushroom lasagna recipe, please add your ratings by clicking the stars below on the recipe card
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 8 oz white mushrooms diced, about 2 cups
- 3 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 9 no-boil oven ready lasagna sheets
- 1-½ cup marinara sauce
- 1-½ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese divided
- ½ cup parmesan cheese divided
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- Set Instant Pot to saute(more) mode. Add oil, onions and garlic. Mix well and cook covered with a glass lid for 2 mins.
- Add mushrooms, spinach and red pepper flakes. Cook for another 2 mins.
- Take out the sauted vegetables , draining excess liquids. Keep aside.
- Quick rinse the Instant Pot insert and dry well both inside and outside.
- Mix ricotta cheese, ¼ cup of parmesan and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and keep aside.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot insert. Use the 7” fat daddios cake push pan or similar cake pan.
Break 3 pasta sheets and arrange them evenly in the cake pan. Spread ½ cup of pasta sauce over it. Spread half of the spinach-mushroom mixture over the sauce. Spread half of the mixed cheese evenly.
- Repeat the above starting with pasta, sauce, veggies and cheese.
- Layer the remaining 3 pasta sheets and tomato sauce. Sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover the cake pan with aluminum foil. Put the cake pan on the trivet and carefully place the trivet inside the Instant Pot. Close Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing.
- Cook on Manual(Hi) for 20 mins followed by 10 mins NPR.
- Open Instant Pot and enjoy!
We prefer to use low fat ricotta and mozzarella cheese and skip egg. Feel free to use your favorite cheeses, more or less and add egg if you like. Broil the lasagna for a couple of minutes to get crispy top if you like. The lasagna will be delicious either ways!
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.