Don’t we all love a bowl of pasta with tomato cream sauce? Everyone needs this incredibly delicious pasta in their dinner rotation. This easy dish is ready in under 20 minutes and is something the whole family will enjoy!
This simple Italian recipe is perfect for those days when you don’t feel like chopping vegetables or washing extra dishes. The dish uses basic pantry ingredients which are dumped into the Instant Pot. Top with some freshly grated parmesan for a restaurant-quality dish that will be ready in no time.
Tomato cream sauce pasta can be prepared by novice as well as expert cooks. It perfectly fits my goal of enabling everyone to cook! This month I was approached by several mothers requesting cooking lessons for their teenagers. The more I understood how hectic and crazy their college schedules could be, the more I continued to develop simple recipes.
This recipe is created with a purpose, that makes sure that all of us can put together a quick meal that is fast, inexpensive and yet satisfying. I am so proud that this Instant Pot tomato cream sauce pasta has now become so popular not only with teenagers, but with their families as well.
MOC’s BEST Tips to make perfect Instant Pot pasta:
- Most of the pasta should be submerged under liquids
- Pressure cook time = Half the cook time on the box minus 1 minute
- Layer thicker liquids like tomato sauce on top
- Quick release after pressure cooking cycle is complete
- Always stir in cream, cheese etc after the pressure cooking cycle
How to make the BEST creamy tomato pasta:
Step 1: Add pasta to the Instant Pot, add broth + water. Layer garlic, red chili pepper, salt and tomato sauce. Make sure to push all the pasta under liquids (photos 1 – 4).
Step 2: Close the Instant Pot lid and Pressure cook. Quick Release and then stir in the cream, grated parmesan and basil or parsley (photos 5 – 8).
- Saute tablespoon of fresh garlic and half a cup of diced onions in olive oil before adding the pasta
- Stir in a cup of frozen peas after the pressure cooking cycle
- Stir in a handful or two of fresh or frozen chopped spinach or kale after the pressure cooking cycle
- Use milk instead of heavy cream to lighten up the dish
- To make spicy tomato cream sauce add extra red chili flakes or skip them all together for a non-spicy pasta
How to Serve
When serving this pasta with tomato cream sauce, I often pair it with steamed broccoli. I also make the Instant Pot fudgy brownies for a fun meal that the entire family will enjoy.
I often make this simple Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli to serve along with Pasta. Here is the quick recipe:
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot insert
- Place steamer basket and add 3 inch broccoli florets
- Close the Instant Pot lid with pressure valve to sealing
- Steam for 0 minutes at low pressure
- Quick release and open for perfectly cook broccoli
- Stir fry thinly sliced garlic in olive oil and sauté steamed broccoli in the oil with a sprinkle of salt
Do you enjoy the ease and convenience of making pasta in Instant Pot? Here are some more pasta recipes:
- Pasta Caprese – Pasta tossed with tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Penne Alla Vodka – Italian classic pasta dish made in a creamy tomato, garlic, vodka sauce
- Spinach Artichoke Macaroni & Cheese – Lightened-up mac and cheese with the healthy addition of spinach and artichokes
- Spicy Taco Pasta – Spicy taco pasta with ground chicken, onions, jalapeños, cilantro and cheese
- Spinach Mushroom Lasagna – Lasagna layered with spinach, mushrooms, garlic and cheese
Here are some additional easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Chicken Marsala – chicken braised in buttery, wine soaked mushrooms and herbs
- Saffron Risotto – rice cooked in aromatic saffron, wine and parmesan cheese
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Kale – chicken noodle soup with kale cooked in under 30 minutes
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
Pasta with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Add the pasta, broth, garlic powder, red pepper, salt to the Instant Pot insert. Layer tomato sauce on top. Gently push all pasta under liquids. Do not mix.
- Close the Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing. Press Manual / Pressure Cook (Hi) and adjust cook time to 4 minutes. Quick Release.
- Stir in the cream and mix until smooth. Add parmesan cheese and chopped basil or parsley.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥ Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.