Easy one pot pasta caprese with tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar prepared in Instant Pot.
Most of our meals these days are made in Instant pot. No baby-sitting the food, healthy one pot meals and super easy cleanup! After all the delicious Indian dishes – butter chicken, stuffed eggplant and the south indian bisi bele bhath it was time to change up to a new cuisine!
We love Italian food and pasta is a favorite dish. I love simple pasta made with few basic yet whole some ingredients.
Last week I decided to modify my summer caprese salad recipe to a pasta recipe using my Instant Pot DUO-60. As always even before I turn on the Instant pot, I start with a good mise en place.
Once all the ingredients are ready to go, turn on the Instant pot and follow along the video to see how quick and easy it is to make perfect pasta caprese:
- 2-1/2 cups mezze penne
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 4 handful basil leaves
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup water
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté mode. Once the Instant Pot displays 'Hot', add oil, onion, garlic and crushed red pepper. Sauté for a min. Add grape tomatoes, pasta, pasta sauce, half of the basil leaves, salt and 1 cup of water. Stir well. Set Instant Pot to Manual(High) 4 mins with pressure valve set to sealing. Quick Release. Stir once again. Add fresh mozzarella cheese and balsamic vinegar. Serve hot garnished with more chopped basil and shredded parmesan.