Delicious Apple Cake, made in the Instant Pot, loaded with fresh apples coated with cinnamon and sugar. Makes it a perfect breakfast or dessert cake.
I used my 7-in-1 DUO Instant Pot to perfect this apple cake recipe as I know that is the model most of my followers have.
Oct 15th is my second blog anniversary.. Yay!! I have enjoyed the second year of blogging, from going to a self-published blog, to sharing printable recipes and nutritional information for each recipe. Ministry of curry now has a you tube channel with short and to-the-point videos for the recipes, we are on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
Oh and the biggest thing we did over the last year is to publish recipes for the state of the art, super sophisticated Instant Pot pressure cooker that I have fell in love with! With 80+ international recipes and quick videos to give you an idea of how the Instant Pot works.
Cooking for us has definitely gone up to the next level, with healthy and delicious foods cooked faster and with the same authentic taste. More importantly my boys have started to cook using the Instant Pot which makes me so happy and satisfied. We have used our Instant Pot to make soups, chilies, rice, beans, lentils, pasta, curries, yogurt and cakes! And so proud to have show cased the summer berry cake at the Dr.Oz show!!
So here is a big shout out to family, friends and followers for your love and support. I couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you! Thank you!!
To celebrate the second blog anniversary, here is a delicious apple cake Instant Pot recipe. This cake is a combination of the apple cake that was adapted from smitten kitchen and my summer berry cake. Since I am using a 7″ push pan in the Instant Pot, the original oven recipe is halved and also modified to work for the Instant Pot.
After the pressure cooking cycle is completed, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Carefully take out the cake pan and the trivet and allow the cake to cool further.
This apple cake tastes even better the next day, which makes it a perfect make ahead recipe. I usually make this cake at night so I have the cake ready to enjoy in the morning.
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
Instant Pot Apple Cake
- 3 cups peeled and diced apples any variety
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flour + 1 tablespoon for dusting the pan
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon orange juice I was out of OJ, so I used apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- Grease and flour a 7” cake pan. I use Fat Daddios’ 7” push pan.
- Peel, core and chop apples into small pieces.Toss with cinnamon and 2 tablespoon sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix wet ingredients into dry ones; scrape down the bowl to ensure all ingredients are incorporated. This batter is thicker than the usual cake batter.
- Pour half of batter in the cake pan. Since the batter the thick allow it to spread evenly by gently tapping the cake pan on the sides. Spread half of apples on top of the batter. Slowly pour the remaining batter covering most of the apple pieces. Spread the remaining half apples and any juices on top.
- Cover the cake pan with a paper towel and then cover it tightly with aluminum foil. You can skip the aluminum foil by securing paper towel with a rubber band around the pan.
- Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot. Place the cake pan on the trivet and carefully place the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Press Manual(Hi pressure) and adjust cook time to 60 minutes. Allow Natural Pressure release before opening the Instant Pot.
- Carefully take the trivet out and remove the aluminum foil and paper towel. Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack.
- Tastes even better the next day so make ahead!!
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥ Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and easy video recipes. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our delicious Instant Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live in New Jersey with my husband and two sons.